Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Pharao The god

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
Pharao The god
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »
salam
 when we read 28.38, we see that Pharaoh says that moses should have no other god beside himself . We know that the Egyptians worshiped several gods. Can this be so mean that he meant it  he as the highest God?but  he said,  "a different God than me," does not imply any other God.?thanks for clarification. Peace

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Pharao The god
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
Salamun Alaikum Chadiga,

Please see verses 79:23-4, where the Quran tells us:

079:23-24
"Then he gathered (men) and called out. Then he said: I am your lord, the most high"

Regardless of what other Pharaoh's of Egypt may / may not have thought before him, this particular Pharaoh in opposition to Prophet Moses (pbuh) thought he was God most high! He may have called out on 'lesser Gods', but in this verse, it is clear he thought of himself as a Lord (Rab) 'al-ala' (The most high).

I hope that helps, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
Re: Pharao The god
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »
 8)  sbuhanallah, i didn't see this.... Allah may give you the Janna al Ala ;D Salam

UPDATE BY QM FORUM MODERATOR

13th March 2013

This thread is now closed and a direct link to this post is now available at the dedicated Q&A page.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/q&as%20FM3.htm

Thanks.