Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Peoples who cant afford to read and understand quran ?

Offline Adil Husain

• View Profile
Peoples who cant afford to read and understand quran ?
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:16:29 AM »
Salaamun alaikum to all the members ,

What Quran tells about peoples who can not afford to learn Quran , basics of islam , etc. and then do shirk.
some examples of people who comes in these category  (According to my experience) i am sure many other type of peoples will also come in this category.

1) Lady whose husband is dead , have a small child , works day and night to eat , do not have time to do anything except her job, do not know to read and write.

2) lady born on road , do not know to read and right , strives to eat.

3) A man lost his one hand ,lives just above  poverty line and   no bank balance , teaches in madarsa(islamic schools teaching Quran and Hadith) , his any reasoning against orthodox thinking will lead to his expulsion from his post. He has to support his old parents too.

Statue worshiping is very common here , so if such peoples (example 1 and 2 ) commits shirk looking at others around them, what will be their fate in light of Quran ?

Please also comment on example 3 .

Thank you.

'I must strive for reformation of myself and the world'

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Peoples who cant afford to read and understand quran ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:28 AM »
Dear Adil,

Salamun Alaikum

Your question goes to the heart of one's answerability and culpability from a Quran's perspective. God makes it clear in many verses that His justice is perfect and no injustice will be done to any soul (4:40). All circumstances, faculties and intentions will be taken into account by a Supreme judge on the Day of Judgment.

We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.
[Tr: Y. Ali]

God is not unjust (6:131, 11:117)

Even the Quranic state of 'kufr' is not reached until the message has been made absolutely clear to one where they have no reason left to deny it [1]. We are not to make judgments on any soul as we have no absolute ability to judge their faculties, the matter of their hearts, their circumstances or their inclinations. We can only simply pass on the message that we are convinced of to the best of our abilities whilst keeping an mind open to a better way. (18:24)

I hope this helps, God willing.
Joseph.

Related Article

[1] UNDERSTANDING 'KUFR' (DISBELIEF) FROM A QURANIC PERSPECTIVE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/understanding%20kufr%20FM3.htm

UPDATE BY QM FORUM MODERATOR

13th March 2013

This thread is now closed and a direct link to this post is now available at the dedicated Q&A page.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/q&as%20FM3.htm

Thanks.

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell