Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: high ground where

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
high ground where
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »
Salam all
i see this question in an other forum -and i wish to ask you here:

23:50 And We made the son of Mary and his mother a sign, and We gave them refuge on high ground, a place for resting and with a flowing stream.

In the above verse by "high ground, a place for resting and with a flowing stream."  does God mean  a particular location on earth or paradise?

Muhammad Asad's end note interpret this as paradise

Muhammad Asad - End Note 26 (23:50)
I.e., in paradise. The expression (ma'in) signifies "unsullied springs" or "running waters" (Ibn Abbas, as quoted by Tabari; also Lisan al-Arab and Taj al-'Arus), and thus symbolizes the spiritual purity associated with the concept of paradise, the "gardens through which running waters flow".

Sabbir Ahmed's translaton interpret as Can,aan where Jesus and his mother migrated after attempted crucifixion. Which means Jesus was still alive after crucifixion ?

23:50 And We made the son of Mary and his mother a symbol (of Our grace). We gave them abode on a land abounding in hills, affording rest and security and fresh water springs (as they migrated from Can'aan after the attempted crucifixion).

Ahmadiyya sect(A movement started by Mirza Gulam Ahmad of Qadian) interpret this as  Kashmir in india where Jesus migrated after surviving the crucifixion according

Also I came across some documentary which try to prove that Jesus might have migrated to Kashmir in india after surviving crucifixion.

Or was it the birthplace of Jesus described in Sura Marjam where God Made "The Son of Mary and his Mother" a sign ?
I tend to the first statement of M.Asad. What are your thoughts on this?
Salam :)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: high ground where
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »
Peace / shalom chadiga,

Bro Joseph has a really good article on this

http://quransmessage.com/articles/jesus%20crucifixion%20FM3.htm

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
Re: high ground where
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
Salam Duster

thank you very much!
i read the first part and overlook the second part!
peace :)