Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Islamic eschatology

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
Islamic eschatology
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:18:02 AM »
Peace be upon you.

While some Muslims talk about dajjal, rising the sun from the west etc. I can't understand (scientifically) these verses about end days from the Quran (Yusuf Ali translation):

"The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon is cleft asunder.
But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) transient magic."" - 54:1-2.

"When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up;
When the stars fall, losing their lustre;
When the mountains vanish (like a mirage);" - 81:1-3.

"When the Sky is cleft asunder;
When the Stars are scattered;
When the Oceans are suffered to burst forth;" - 82:1-3.

"He questions: "When is the Day of Resurrection?"
At length, when the sight is dazed,
And the moon is buried in darkness.
And the sun and moon are joined together,-
That Day will Man say: "Where is the refuge?"" - 75:6-10.

69:13-16; 44:10.
There are probably more...
Do you know their chronological order? In addition do you have some scientific explanation of how it could happen?

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
Re: Islamic eschatology
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
I'm sorry for posting such a absurd questions. In addition I haven't provided you with enough information.
I've read an article about Islamic eschatology which claims that the Moon is moving away from the Earth and I was hungry to find more science about the end days. Here, read this for more details about the Moon's fate:

http://www.space.com/3373-earth-moon-destined-disintegrate.html

Now. I think the first sign of the end days would be splitting of the Moon (maybe some pieces will rain down on Earth's surface):
"The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon is cleft asunder.
But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) transient magic."" - 54:1-2.

"When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up;" - sounds like the Sun will be transformed into red giant.

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:49:50 AM »
Salam Hajj

I think it will be a universal cataclysmic disaster that will overthrow  the existing order, the SunnatAllah which stands since  Allah created the universe and the world. The sun and the moon, which runs in heavenly tracks will be ripped from those - and if they do, a life on earth will  be impossible anyway ..
a global or universal catastrophe can touch the earth every second - i watched a documentation about huge underground volcanoes, one of which 'is sleeping' in the U.S..If he would erupt , then, good night ... and it can erupt any second - SubhanAllah. And this was just one example...
peace

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 01:14:14 AM »
Peace Chadiga.

Whatever it may happen. The Hour will come suddenly.  ::)

PS:
I had a dream on Friday, the same day when the meteorite fell in Russia. I was looking on the Sun. The Moon was moving slowly at the Sun (to cover it's light). When the Moon was standing over the Sun, it became very bright and I felt like it was the Doomsday. Then I woke up at night and said: "No, not this day".  :)

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »
Peace Haji,

Chronological order does not matter.  These Quranic descriptions portray the dismantling of current cosmos; earth and heavens will be dislocated, “We shall roll up the heavens like the rolling up of the scroll of writings” 21:104, “and the whole earth will be in His grip on the day of Resurrection/Awakening, and the heavens will be rolled up in His right hand” 39:67.

You want to understand scientifically?  I used to think that I had understood it scientifically.  The genesis of the cosmos fits the Big Bang Theory and there is also a corresponding Big Crunch Theory which seems to explain the ever expanding universe will at some point shrink and roll back like a scroll of writings.  But that means the end of the physical cosmos, total destruction. Back to the Singularity.

Then the heaven and Hell become spiritual states/places/grades.

Recently,  I paid attention to 39:73-74: when the gates of the Garden are opened for the muttaqeen, they say, “All praise belongs to God Who has made His promise good to us, and He has permitted us to inherit the earth and dwell in the gardens wherever we please...”

Is the Garden of Hereafter in the same universe but on some other planet?  That I do not know or this earth will be transformed into a Garden and only the inheriters will comprise the population.  Side note- hope birds of Paradise will be there, too!

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"