Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: On closing the prayer

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
On closing the prayer
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:45:28 AM »
I have come across this article on how prayer must be ended according to the Quran.

http://www.quran-islam.org/islam/main_topics/ending_of_the_salat_%28P1167%29.html

Translations of the Arabic seem alright to me. Comments are welcome!

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
Re: On closing the prayer
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:38 AM »
Peace,

I personally agree and have been doing it since 2001.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
@ HOPE,

Thanks very much for the input.

Would you say that the Quranic verse amounts to a command to close the prayer in this manner?

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
Peace,

Would you say that the Quranic verse amounts to a command to close the prayer in this manner?

I never thought of it as a command!.  10:10.1 starts with "daʿwāhum" translated as prayers, does not say salaat though;  later  "waākhiru daʿwāhum" is translated as last (of) their call.  I had read the article you shared in 2001and discussed it with its author.  Since I do not do salutations at the end, I feel comfortable ending the prayer this way.  You talk to your heart and decide what you want to say.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »
Alright. Thanks very much. It sure makes more sense to close the prayer in this manner over the common method.