Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Space exploration?

Offline 8pider

• View Profile
Space exploration?
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
Qur'an 55:33 "O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!"

As salaam alaikum. Please can anyone shed some light on this verse. Does it refer to some sort of space exploration or something else? Thanks

Offline Adil Husain

• View Profile
Re: Space exploration?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:44:00 AM »
May peace be with you :)
yes i have always thought that it is referring to space exploration.
'I must strive for reformation of myself and the world'

Offline 8pider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »
Thank you brother. I have my doubts though....how is it possible to travel beyond the realms of the heavens and the earth? This is an impossible feat, therefore I think there is more to it.

Offline 8pider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
How can we penetrate the entire expanse of the universe? The Quran says we can.....but with a great authority. Maybe scientific maybe spiritual? Possibly by a worm hole since the distance is too great to traverse. But then what happens when we come out on the other side? No space, no time?

Offline Adil Husain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 02:41:14 AM »
May peace be with you ,
Dear 8pider , i think we have already crossed the limits of earth by exploring the moon and sending our robots to mars. Regarding universe , i think we and scientific community do not  have much information about how universe works , it can be a worm hole as you mentioned   oor something else yet to be discovered. Space science is in its initial stage and many things are to be discovered yet...
At the same time i think quran can use the same word while referring to the sky (and not the wwhole universe).

Allah knows best.

Regards,
Adil
'I must strive for reformation of myself and the world'

Offline 8pider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »
God in the Quran invites us to consider, think, examine, reflect, ponder on various verses of the Quran. In the early centuries of Islam, the Muslims in their effort to understand the Quran made significant leaps in science, democracy, freedoms etc. However today, we have the hadiths, tafsirs etc that do the thinking for us. There is no need to ponder on these verses since the hadiths have fully explained them. For example 55:33 is explained as “if you, mankind and the Jinns, try to escape on the Day of Resurrection, then the angels, including those among them who guard Hellfire, will bring you back by directing smoke of fire and molten brass on you.”

Well, putting that aside, I feel the verse is talking about a possibility for us to traverse the entire cosmic space of the heavens. This penetration may not be a physical penetration, but one of knowledge....such as mapping the entire cosmic space. We have only managed to map a very small portion of the Universe and as of recently, we have only managed to send something beyond our solar system. By mapping the entire space, we would be able to know where the boundaries of existence are and whatever lies beyond. Now this would be a great scientific achievement for mankind. Am no physicist or anything but I think I see an award right there!

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 03:15:03 AM »
Qur'an 55:33 "O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!"

As salaam alaikum. Please can anyone shed some light on this verse. Does it refer to some sort of space exploration or something else? Thanks

You should tell humanity that the hold of Divine Law of Mukafat encompasses the entire universe.  If you are thinking of getting outside its ambit, it will only be possible if you cross the bounds of heavens; and just make an attempt if you believe that you can achieve that.  However for this you would need Divine sanction, and no one can get that.   You will thus have to stay within this universe in which the Law of Mukafat is prevalent everywhere.  You cannot escape from it.3

3  This can also mean that the extent of evolutionary dimensions or human ‘self’ is such that depending on its abilities, it can outgrow the bounds of the material; but for this a specific vigor, which cannot be attained without obedience to the Divine Laws, is required.  Human ‘self’ can acquire immorality by being subservient to these laws.  That is the life of the Jannah of the Hereafter.  This is what crossing the bounds of the heavens and earth means.  But with relevance to the verses that follow we have preferred the meaning narrated above.

http://www.tolueislam.org/Parwez/expo/expo_055.htm
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal