Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Surah Rahman

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Surah Rahman
« on: March 25, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »
Salam All, In Surah Rahman whom Allah is addressing Jinn & Ins? Or Men and Women? As I read some translation as being addressed Men & Women. What is meant as per this Ayah below ?
فَيَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا يُسْأَلُ عَن ذَنبِهِ إِنسٌ وَلَا جَانٌّ

So on that day neither man nor jinni shall be asked about his sin.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Surah Rahman
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 06:32:54 AM »
Dear brother Sardar,

Wa alaikum assalam

The Arabic is absolutely clear as to what it implies by citing two separate entities of creation, 'ins' and 'jinn'.

Please see article below:

THE JINN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/jinn%20FM3.htm

I can only humbly request that you continue to remain vigilant of erroneous translations.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:54:11 AM »
Assalam, Thanks Bro JAI for response. I have already read your Article on duality of addresees in Surah Rahman but I am amazed to see that both GA Parvez & Dr Shabbir call Jinn as Nomads despite
Allah's Revealtion that they are created from very different origin.Recently I happen to read this Surah
in MafhulQuran by GAP. This apart I wanted to know about following Ayah فَيَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا يُسْأَلُ عَن ذَنبِهِ إِنسٌ وَلَا جَانٌّ
15:39
So on that day neither man nor jinni shall be asked about his sin.
Kindly clarify as to why neither man nor Jinn about his sin. Thanks

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »
Dear brother Sardar,

Wa alaikum assalam

I am not sure why you are citing verse 15:39. The verse in Arabic that you have shared is 55:39, which I think is what you may mean.

I am also not entirely sure as to your question as the verses are quite self-explanatory. Both entities - ‘humans’ and ‘jinns’ will be accountable. However, please read 55:39 with verse 55:41 which states that sinners will be known. God does not need to ask others of their sins. This is knowledge which is firmly known.

You also have a related post below.

JIN O Ins
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1562

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »
Salam Bro JAI I am sorry for quoting the Ayah wrong & what I mean to understand is 15:39 which you have now clarified which is understood by going through 15:41. Thanks