Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Jinn

Offline Star

• View Profile
Jinn
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:24:52 AM »
Salam all,

This website suggests that jinn are actually a type of humans! This idea was suggested by an ex-forum member who I am not going to mention *cough*, but it seems like this strange interpretation actually gets some support among Quran-centric groups. Please tell me what you think of the following article, and whether its views have any real Quranic support:

http://quranaissance.com/was-solomon-superman-there-is-no-basis-for-demonology-in-the-quran/

This article is actually very interesting, although strange and slightly confusing. I don't agree with it, but it does put forward some interesting points. What do you all think? :)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Jinn
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
Shalom / peace. ...no - this website does not suggest jinn to be humans.  Brother Joseph is clear that they are not humans....I've personally seen a lot of chatter about them being humans with all kinds of Arabic word surgery. .........nothing is convincing  tbh>>>

I believe bro Joseph's view to be the strongest straight and simple. If we can't believe in Jinn because we can't see them ...i don't know how some people believe in God  or heaven and hell etc as he / they are also unseen. ...some people just have a problem with things they can't see.l i guess and play games with the scripture to push their worldviews. ...>>>

http://quransmessage.com/articles/jinn%20FM3.htm

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:26:41 AM »
Peace Mia.

I think some mix up the fact that some humans and jinns interact with each other. Jinns influence humans ("Yuwasswissu" is the word used in Qoran) . Together they plot against the truth. For example:

6:112
We have permitted the enemies of every prophet - human and jinn devils - to inspire in each other fancy words, in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications.
وَكَذٰلِكَ جَعَلنا لِكُلِّ نَبِىٍّ عَدُوًّا شَيٰطينَ الإِنسِ وَالجِنِّ يوحى بَعضُهُم إِلىٰ بَعضٍ زُخرُفَ القَولِ غُرورًا وَلَو شاءَ رَبُّكَ ما فَعَلوهُ فَذَرهُم وَما يَفتَرونَ

And of course there are some good humans and jinns.

However,humans and jinns are different races according to Qoran.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »
Salam all :)

I came across one thing in this article that really blew it for me. It seemed to state that the idea of invisible beings that live in an extra dimension was ridiculous, and thus we should avoid believing in it, and try to find some other possible explanation. I realized the problem with this reasoning. God can make anything He wants. So why can't He make jinn? God is also invisible, so why do the makers of this article believe in Him if they find the idea of invisible beings ridiculous?

The "jinn" that the Arabs believed in before the advent of Islam were indeed ridiculous, supernatural, and nonsensical beings. They were said to have magical powers and were given the reverence of gods (bad, bad, bad). They were a mashup of the spiritual ideas of different cultures. The Quran, as I see it, redefined jinn, established their rank as creations of God, and abolished the silly ideas of magical godlike creatures the Arabs had turned them into.

:)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:50:31 AM »
Inspite of clear distinction made by Allah in Quran as separate entities by different names & different l
forms of creations some people bent upon calling then as dwellers of city  & away from city which is not right.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:30:21 AM »
Salam Sardar, you're right...