Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: hypothetical question..!!

Offline optimist

• View Profile
hypothetical question..!!
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
Salaam!

Firstly, let me state that this is my final posting under this thread. Under no circumstance I shall post any further comments since I had earlier participated in a discussion related to this topic.  

This is just a hypothetical question with reference to the birth of  Jesus.   Appreciate pointing out if there are any logical error.  As we all know, it is repeated mentioned many times in Quran to use our logic.  The purpose of this post is for me to know if there is error in the logic. 

The Question:  What will be the normal reaction of a righteous girl, if someone, let’s say an angel, informs her about good news about birth of a son.  Let me list down the probable answers. 

(a)  If she is married, she will assume that the news is about having a son in the wedlock.  In Mary’s case, from the reaction, "How shall I have a son since no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste" (19:20), and it is also therefore clear that she is not married. 

(b). If she is unmarried, in the normal circumstances, she will consider that the good news is about a future prospect of having a son in a wedlock.  This is quite normal.

©.  However, an unmarried girl, ONLY IF, she understood the good news to mean ALSO that she is already pregnant, THEN there is a ‘possibility’ to react “how can I have a son when no man has touched me and I am not unchaste”  (BECAUSE Here she ignores the possibility of getting married in future because she is already pregnant).    It may be the reason why most scholars explain that when the good news was conveyed to Mary she was already pregnant.    HOWEVER, even under this circumstance, there are logical questions to be answered;  (1) There is no evidence in the Quran to show that Mary was conveyed that she was already pregnant; only good news about the birth of a son was conveyed to her. (2) There is no proof Mary had knowledge that she is already pregnant.  (3)  The additional comment "I am not unchaste"  is rather unnecessary since no man has touched me is sufficient as a reaction (3) The most important point.   If Mary HAD UNDERSTOOD the news to mean that she was already pregnant, the most probable reaction would have been, “how I am pregnant when no man has touched me” (because her initial shock and concern should be how she got pregnant, not the birth of the son in future). 

(d)  If an unmarried girl who is leading a life as a nun (whether she knows she is pregnant of not) and who believes that she is not supposed to marry in future, it is perfectly logical to react “how can I have a son when no man has touched me and I am not unchaste”.  Please note the most important point here.  Mary is NOT thinking here about a marriage prospect in future at all.   

Regards
Optimist
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Re: hypothetical question..!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
Salamun alikum optimist

Allahu ahlam, maybe she got pregnant and had her son the same day. Does the Quran inform us how long her pregnancy was or if it was even a normal pregnancy?  As we know it was not a normal birth in regards to marriage.  Maybe was not a normal pregnancy.  If she did not notice she was pregnant why would she ask how did she get pregnant.

And the news given to her was of a son. So its pretty much same thing. If she asks how can I have a son when no man has touched me or how can I get pregnant.

Also from the time of the good news of a son till the time she delivers her son. How long is the period.  Even if it was normal 9 month. She still replied to the news she was given.

And according to your question in general I would have to say maybe some women would answer or react different. 

Also keep in mind to look for any info whether she was already pregnant or not before the news was given to her?

Or the time frame from when the news was  given to her till birth of the her son. Maybe it was happening all at once

I am not trying to guess here. Just maybe some things to keep in mind while reading in the Quran or for someone who is more familiar with the book can get a better understanding.

Allah(swt) knows best

I just thought maybe if you wanted to figure something out about that maybe those are some other things you should know from the Qurans perspective

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:56:35 AM »
Salam All.It is immaterial whether she was pregnant or not but the News given by the Angel about her getting a son. In all probability she was not pregnant at that time which is why she answered that no man has touched her & that she was not unchaste. In my opinion she was not pregnant as the birth of Jesus was just like that of Adam therefore she got her son Jesus as per Allah's order "KUN FAYKOON".Therefore the worldly concept of Mary's conception may not fit on the basis of "KUN FAYAKOON
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:47:39 AM »
Salaam,

A similar topic has been discussed in detail in another thread. For those who haven't already read it, the link is :

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=829.msg3084#msg3084

Thanks

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
Salam

Thanks truth seeker

I guess brother joseph decided to write a article which is very informative  as well as the link you have shared

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=829.msg3084#msg3084

THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF PROPHET JESUS (pbuh) 

http://quransmessage.com/articles/virgin-birth%20FM3.htm

Salam