Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Wine in the Quran

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Wine in the Quran
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:07:16 PM »
Salam all,

A popular Topic for islamcritics is the discrepance of Wine in the Quran,they took the quotes of the "Prohibition" of wine and the Use of it in the hereafter.This is indeed a subject one had to ponder on,so if checked what it is about really behind.

For Example:
Chapter"The Cow"
"They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness. And they ask thee what they ought to spend. Say: that which is superfluous. Thus Allah maketh plain to you (His) revelations, that haply ye may reflect. "(219)

Chapter 47:15
" A similitude of the Garden which those who keep their duty (to Allah) are promised: Therein are rivers of water unpolluted, and rivers of milk whereof the flavour changeth not, and rivers of wine delicious to the drinkers, and rivers of clear-run honey; therein for them is every kind of fruit, with pardon from their Lord. (Are those who enjoy all this) like those who are immortal in the Fire and are given boiling water to drink so that it teareth their bowels? (15)"

"...rivers of wine delicious for the drinkers..."This is what the Critics use for an example of the coruption in the Quran.But when you read all the verses of the hereafters drink,you came to another Picture of it.

In Chapter 37:46 we read about the effect the Drink of the rivers will have in heaven.
"(44) A cup from a gushing spring is brought round for them, (45) White, delicious to the drinkers, (46) Wherein there is no headache nor are they made mad thereby. (47) "

wasalam

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Wine in the Quran
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:41:50 PM »
The Khimer used in these Ayaat us not the earthly intoxicant but drink for dvelvours of Jannah. It has got nothing to do with earthly drinks.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 01:42:25 AM »
Salaam.

Like wine, women too, are not like their mortal counterparts. They are mentioned as Spouses Purified:

2:25, 3:15, 4:57

But, the mention of wine and women conjures up images of disgusting debaucheries and orgies for the dwellers of this world.

And so, the clarification in the Qur'an.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:02:01 PM »
Salam Ismail,

To such orgies their are always two male and female look up the Story of Lot(pbuh)and producing wine is made be male and orginzer of partys too.

wa salam

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 05:37:40 AM »
Salaam.

Deliverance, I do not know which story you are referring to.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:37:18 AM »
Lut's Umah was mostly Gay . What is your point Bro Deliverece in this regard?
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »
Salaam Deliverance,

You got to ignore Islamic critics because it is NEVER going to go away until Muslims get their act together and start following and understanding Islam, i.e. Quran as Allah ordered us. I strongly without doubt believe have it not been for the Hadith books, Muslims understanding their scripture and studying it instead of being brainwashed and afraid to stand up for their deen against scholars, imams, sheiks, fairytale books, and be the Muslims that Allah ordered us to be,  no one will have any feet to stand on to criticize Islam. Because the Quran, is perfect, it's Allah's words, does not get better than that! I am so tired of hearing about the 72 virgins all over you tube.. Wanna guess where that came from? Quran will be indeed misunderstood, but one can correct critic and the critic will not be able to debate much longer.. as for the Hadith? No one can go around that because it is exactly what it says, although not true, but why are Muslims believing in it and following it? God will never help anyone or make changes, unless they make the change themselves, that includes understanding what the Quran says, and following it.

A wise man said to me not long ago this...

""Both the traditionalists and the vehement critics often have one common agenda. They both want to maintain the religious authority of 'secondary sources' as a key part of Islam. You see, the traditionalist has a vested interest as it supports their ideologies / beliefs and the ardent 'critic' wants to use these sources to undermine and at times, ridicule this otherwise, pure religion."

"So ‘Islamic secondary sources’ are very important to both parties."
"Once the rug of authority attached to secondary sources is pulled beneath their feet, much of their arguments become futile."  "Many know this and thus, will use similar arguments to reinstate the authority of these extraneous sources."

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »
Salam Sadar,
What i wanted to say is that the evil is pushed by men sura 11:78 the People of lot are attacking him and his guest and he is searching for reasonable men under them.

@Ismail
i apreciate your understanding of the Partner in the hereafter and by the quote i wanted to show that the picture of women/parties and orgies is not correct.Man can be debauchery without females.

@Abbsrayray
Thank you for the wise words but i did not belive in the 72Virgin-Myth seem like someone wanted to make the pardise look like a brothel.

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 10:26:22 PM »
Salaam Deliverance,

I was not refering about you about the 72 virgins...  :-[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOdI2lK_PDg