Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Qatala in the Quran

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Qatala in the Quran
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Salam,

The word qatala is used very often and mostly it is used for "to kill" while other meanings could be the stand for it because it has several meanings.

For example the Translation of vers 53 "Sura The Cow"(53) And remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! Ye have indeed wronged yourselves by your worship of the calf so turn (in repentance) to your Maker and slay yourselves (the wrong-doers); that will be better for you in the sight of your Maker." Then He turned toward you (in forgiveness); for He is Oft-returning Most Merciful. (54) "

translated by Jusuf ali

the translation slay yoursel or in other translations kill the wrongdoers from you does not make sense if go on reading "...that will better for you...then he turned toward you;for he is oftreturning..."if you have killed yourself or the other wrongdoers there is no Need to turn toward someone who is already dead so a better Translation would be:

"...and struggle yourself;that will be better for you in the sight of you Maker..."

This thread should be used for all the false qatala=KILL verses in the Quran feel free to search .

regards

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
Re: Qatala in the Quran
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:34:21 PM »
Salaam Deliverance,

Sura Al-Baqura before we get to the 2:54, if we read or listen to it, it leads to God telling them "fa-uq'tulū it is about them killing their ego.

This word  "anfusakum" leads to that meaning..

Yes, the translations is very wrong in the English translations.  ???

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »
salamAbbsrayray,

Thats what i exatly thought to be when i read "anfusakoum" meaning the ego

regards

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »

Sura 2
"(86) We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers; We gave Jesus the son of Mary clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a messenger with what ye yourselves desire not ye, are puffed up with pride? ―Some ye called impostors and others ye slay!"

Thats a high intesification from slander to kill someone and it is not described as fact.That is a barbaric description of the jewish people,i think the common folk has never killed a preacher but i can imagine that they were in opposition to them so other translation would be better -"to make so. unable;to fight against;