Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Your Website

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Your Website
« on: February 10, 2014, 03:53:54 AM »
Assalamu alaikum brother Joseph.

I would like to share with you my immense gratitude and appreciation for all your efforts and enlightening words.

In recent years I have started to doubt my faith (around the age of 23, I am soon to turn 26) and I fully blame that on the fact that I blindly followed,  never questioned, never doubted.

And after spending a good deal of these years lost, and in despair...I have finally made it my responsibility and mission to find the truth and resolve these matters. To end this internal battle that has been wearing me down.

I was in so much distress and agony (still am) but slowly I see that I am on the right path of enlightenment.

I heard a quote by the Imam Ghazali recently, the exact wording escapes me right now but the meaning of the saying was in line with "I don't fear those who question or doubt...but the biggest tragedy are those who blindly follow...for they are like feathers , swaying in whatever way the wind blows them to"

I was like that feather...and I desperately want to stay rooted..stay firm..believe.

Your website and efforts have helped clarify a great deal of things that I had trouble agreeing with.

Thank you.

[A sister]