Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Angels to the side or front/back?

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Angels to the side or front/back?
« on: May 20, 2014, 05:18:56 PM »
Salam,

It is the popular meaning of muslims to have angles to side,one to the right and one to the left,these angles record every deed and speech of the Person which they accompany down.In islamic secondary sources,you find names of the angles and it is also a belief that the salams at the end of the salat are dedicated to those angles.

Now i have read that god send us angles which are in the front and at the back(sorry i couldn' find the ayat where it is written)
If These angles are infront and back of us,then the salams at the end of salat are obsolet.

wa salam

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Re: Angels to the side or front/back?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »
Salaam Deliverence,

Just one thing I would like to say re: your posts recently... It is 'ANGELS' not 'ANGLES'...i hope you don't mind me correcting as the spelling mistake on a common word distracts a little from your post. Saba  :) 8)

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
No problem Saba,

I had to think in several languages and sometimes i mix them. :D

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
Sura 13:11
"For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: they guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him any to protect. (11)"

But most muslims belive by turning their face to the left and right and say the Salam to Angels. When making Salam they make intention of greeting the Angel and their eyes are fixed onto the respective shoulders where they think the angles are sitting,like in the fairytales where one angel is on one side and wispering good words and on the other side is a devil with a big fork and wispering bad words.

Offline Sword

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
Dear Deliverance,

Salamun Alaykum.

What are your thoughts on the following two verses?

Yusuf Ali:

50:17   Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.

50:18   Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it).

Regards.

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »
Salam Sword,

Thank you for adding These verses,then i have to Count two more Angels beside the recording Angels,so humans are followed by 4 Angels thats amazing cause didn't Iblis/satan said that he want to mislead us from the side and back/front.

the Questions is do the Guardian Angels always stay with us or are they going away if we do something wrong,i mean we had do pleasant deeds to keep these Angles to protect us against Iblis otherwise we loose the companianship of Angels and instead we get a follower from Iblis.

wa salam