Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: "Asch-Schajar"Tree or Celestial Object?

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
"Asch-Schajar"Tree or Celestial Object?
« on: June 06, 2014, 05:21:01 AM »
Salam,

The Beginning of Sura 56 is describing the creation of the human and that the moon and the sun are following their ways and than is coming the star together with tree to bow down which obviously doesn't match together in my view.
ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنُ (١) عَلَّمَ ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ (٢) خَلَقَ ٱلۡإِنسَـٰنَ (٣) عَلَّمَهُ ٱلۡبَيَانَ (٤) ٱلشَّمۡسُ وَٱلۡقَمَرُ بِحُسۡبَانٍ۬ (٥) وَٱلنَّجۡمُ وَٱلشَّجَرُ يَسۡجُدَانِ (٦ َ

Yusuf Ali Translation:
"Allah) Most Gracious! (1) It is He Who has taught the Qur'an. (2) He has created man: (3) He has taught him speech (and Intelligence) (4) The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed; (5) And the herbs and the trees-both (alike) bow in adoration. (6)"

He is translating "al-najmu" with herbs but for me it doesnt make sense because sun+moon fit together other than stars and trees.

Does schajar maybe mean something different for tree

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: "Asch-Schajar"Tree or Celestial Object?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:17:06 AM »
Greetings Deliverance.

" Shajar" means trees in that verse.Compare it to:

22:18
Do you not realize that to God prostrates everyone in the heavens and the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the animals, and many people? Many others among the people are committed to doom. Whomever God shames, none will honor him. Everything is in accordance with God's will.

أَلَم تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَسجُدُ لَهُ مَن فِى السَّمٰوٰتِ وَمَن فِى الأَرضِ وَالشَّمسُ وَالقَمَرُ وَالنُّجومُ وَالجِبالُ وَالشَّجَرُ وَالدَّوابُّ وَكَثيرٌ مِنَ النّاسِ وَكَثيرٌ حَقَّ عَلَيهِ العَذابُ وَمَن يُهِنِ اللَّهُ فَما لَهُ مِن مُكرِمٍ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفعَلُ ما يَشاءُ

It means they comply to GOD s law. They follow the pattern given by GOD through the DNA instruction .They do their job day in day out ,year in year out without opposition/rebellion to their creator.

GOD bless you.
Peace.

Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »
Salam Goodlogic,

I think you are right but this vers is a bit confusing some translations a talking about star and tree and others herbs and trees.
Greetings Deliverance.

" Shajar" means trees in that verse.Compare it to:

22:18
Do you not realize that to God prostrates everyone in the heavens and the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the animals, and many people? Many others among the people are committed to doom. Whomever God shames, none will honor him. Everything is in accordance with God's will.

أَلَم تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَسجُدُ لَهُ مَن فِى السَّمٰوٰتِ وَمَن فِى الأَرضِ وَالشَّمسُ وَالقَمَرُ وَالنُّجومُ وَالجِبالُ وَالشَّجَرُ وَالدَّوابُّ وَكَثيرٌ مِنَ النّاسِ وَكَثيرٌ حَقَّ عَلَيهِ العَذابُ وَمَن يُهِنِ اللَّهُ فَما لَهُ مِن مُكرِمٍ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفعَلُ ما يَشاءُ

It means they comply to GOD s law. They follow the pattern given by GOD through the DNA instruction .They do their job day in day out ,year in year out without opposition/rebellion to their creator.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Yes,this vers is talking about a tree like in 56:72;16:10;14:24-26;16:68;36:80;23:20;in allother verses it is not clear what is meant with tree like the burning tree/bush in Taha which is talikng to Moses.

wa salam aleikoum

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:05:21 AM »
Peace Deliverance.

I do not find the word "tree" in surah "TAHA", verse :

20:10
When he saw a fire, he said to his family, "Stay here. I have seen a fire. Maybe I can bring you some of it, or find some guidance at the fire."

إِذ رَءا نارًا فَقالَ لِأَهلِهِ امكُثوا إِنّى ءانَستُ نارًا لَعَلّى ءاتيكُم مِنها بِقَبَسٍ أَو أَجِدُ عَلَى النّارِ هُدًى

Are you referring to another verse?

GOD bless you.
Peace
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 07:10:34 AM »
Sorry,
It is is in Sura 28" But when he came to the (Fire), a voice was heard from the right bank of the valley, from a tree in hallowed ground: "O Moses! verily I am Allah the Lord of the Worlds… (30)"

Offline Anwar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 12:44:54 PM »
This is not pertinent to this context but shajarah can also be the plural of shaajir and can have meaning of 'bad company.' This is more relevant to the verse about Adam not eating/partaking from the shajarah.

Salaam