Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Location of some Descendents of prophet Abraham ?

Offline Mehdi

• View Profile
Location of some Descendents of prophet Abraham ?
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:46:36 AM »
Assalamou Alaykum,

I've been reading an interesting verse :
14:37  Our Lord, I have settled some of my descendants in an uncultivated valley near Your sacred House, our Lord, that they may establish prayer. So make hearts among the people incline toward them and provide for them from the fruits that they might be grateful.

Is this a possible hint for the location of some Descendants of Prophet Abraham (pbuh), more precisely "Bani Ishmael"  ?
I have already read Brother Joseph article regarding this subject (http://quransmessage.com/articles/are%20the%20arabs%20descendants%20of%20abraham%20FM3.htm), But couldn't find a mention of this particular verse

We can note some points :
- The location is "bayt al muharam" (Makkah)
- Some (not all) Descendants of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) were living (settled) there
- They were not alone, other peoples were with them (living there before their coming)

Thanks,
Mehdi.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Location of some Descendents of prophet Abraham ?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 05:16:32 AM »
Dear Mehdi,

Wa alaikum assalam

The following article may be more relevant to your query.

DID PROPHET ABRAHAM (pbuh) REALLY SEND HIS WIFE HAGAR AND SON ISHMAEL (pbuh) AWAY ALONE TO A BARREN LAND?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/abraham%20hagar%20FM3.htm

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Mehdi

• View Profile
Re: Location of some Descendents of prophet Abraham ?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 05:13:14 AM »
Jazak Allah Khairan dear brother :)

Mehdi.