Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 4:142

Offline Star

• View Profile
4:142
« on: December 02, 2015, 07:55:20 AM »
Verse 4:142 says God deceives the hypocrites, but I thought He didn't deceive anyone. Are there alternate meanings? I thought Allah does not deceive anyone even if they are deceptive, because He built the universe on truth.

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: 4:142
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 08:04:52 AM »
Is misguiding and deceiving disbelievers part of God's plan for separating truth from falsehood? I'm confused...misguiding and deceiving evil people is being used as a means for getting rid of falsehood...???

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:11:32 AM »
Allah led people to believe Jesus died on the cross, but actually he didn't. Allah also once sent Muhammad a dream that made it look like Muhammad would have few enemies in battle, but he ended up having a lot, and Allah said He sent the dream so Muhammad's troops wouldn't feel discouraged. But that is still deception, even if it is for a good cause...any thoughts?

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 03:42:16 AM »
Peace mia.

GOD does not do "evil",does not wrong anyone.On the contrary,GOD offers a way out for everyone ,even the hypocrites:
4:146
Except those who repent, reform, hold fast to God, and devote their religion absolutely to God alone, will be counted with the believers. God will bless the believers with a great recompense.
إِلَّا الَّذينَ تابوا وَأَصلَحوا وَاعتَصَموا بِاللَّهِ وَأَخلَصوا دينَهُم لِلَّهِ فَأُولٰئِكَ مَعَ المُؤمِنينَ وَسَوفَ يُؤتِ اللَّهُ المُؤمِنينَ أَجرًا عَظيمًا

Those who deceive others ,GOD ,GOD is saying they have only themselves to blame for opposing/deceiving GOD and the believers!

Look this confirms how GOD is just:

4:147
What will God gain from punishing you, if you became appreciative and believed? God is Appreciative, Omniscient.
ما يَفعَلُ اللَّهُ بِعَذابِكُم إِن شَكَرتُم وَءامَنتُم وَكانَ اللَّهُ شاكِرًا عَليمًا

If one is deceitful and a hypocrite,can they complain if they get a taste of their own medicine?
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 09:03:31 AM »
Yes I agree, Allah does not punish anyone unjustly, He just punishes people who are truly bad. By this measure, there are actually very few people who will remain in hell forever, because few people have truly earned that consequence.

But here, Allah is saying He is using deceit to punish deceitful people. This confuses me because even though He is not being unjust, He is still using deceit, even if it is for a good reason. I thought God didn't use deceit.

They can't complain if they get a taste of their own medicine...but surely God can punish them using a better way that doesn't copy their own methods of deceit and misguidance?

I mean no disrespect and I'm simply trying to understand these verses. :)

Mariyah

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 09:08:13 AM »
Also, Allah is apparently the one who made it seem like Jesus was crucified, so if people preach that, then it's not really their fault is it? Because they don't know they're lying. Allah made them think he was killed.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 03:46:31 AM »
Peace mia.

Although GOD controls everything and does everything, humans make their own decisions.

For all our actions ,there are good and bad consequences. GOD is saying if one thinks they are deceiving GOD,well it backfires on them.In other words there is a consequence. GOD is not literally deceiving them!

For example GOD created the fire,but if someone decides to burn themselves,GOD is not the one who burned them!. Similarly evil is paid back by evil.

As for Jesus , I believe you have the wrong understanding of what really happened .

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 09:11:02 AM »
Salaam mia666,

You said:

"Allah led people to believe Jesus died on the cross, but actually he didn't"

With respect I am going to have to disagree with you. We as Muslims know that Jesus did not die on the cross, as per the following verses:

"And [for] their saying: ‘Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah.' And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise. And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness." [Quran 4"157-159]

Thus, as per the above verses, the Qur'an categorically denies the story of the crucifixion of Jesus; so I fail to see how Allah (as you stated) mislead people to believe otherwise.

You also said:

"Allah also once sent Muhammad a dream that made it look like Muhammad would have few enemies in battle, but he ended up having a lot, and Allah said He sent the dream so Muhammad's troops wouldn't feel discouraged."

May I ask you to cite me the verse/s which supports the above statement?

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
Asalamu Alykum Hassan and Mia

Brother Hassan the verse Mia is referring to is 8:43.

According to the verses about Jesus you mentioned, I think the part you quoted "but [another] was made to resemble him to them." is not the right translation.

What appeared/resembled to them was the death of Jesus in what I understand. The Quran seems silent on whether Jesus was actually put on the cross or not. There could be a possibility that he was put on the cross but what is certain from the Quran is that he was NOT KILLED on the cross or in any other manner from them. But it appeared so to them (shubbiha lahum) that Jesus died from what their own hands have done. Which from the same verse at the beginning is what they claimed. "Indeed (Arabic: Inna), We killed Jesus Christ, the son of Mary, the Messenger of God..."

Please see articles below[1][2] May God bless you for your efforts :). Its been nice reading your comments as well.

Sister Mia please read this discussion below[3], and read what Brother Joseph wrote.

Peace and Blessings to you both Insha'Allah

Jesus Crucifixion
[1] http://quransmessage.com/articles/jesus%20crucifixion%20FM3.htm

Salaba
[2] http://quransmessage.com/articles/slb%20FM3.htm

Abraham lied?
[3] http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1663.0

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 01:09:44 PM »
Salaam Hamzeh,

Thank you for the correction and for your input.  :)

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 10:32:17 AM »
Salam everyone, sorry it took a while to reply.

Upon reading the verses about Jesus's death more closely, it does seem like the people who "killed" him were the ones who made it seem that way to everyone else (they didn't really kill him, of course). Allah got rid of this myth in the Quran, but most people didn't listen.

About the battle thing, this is a story I heard and allegedly it's mentioned in the Quran, but I haven't found the verse yet. If this verse exists I'll try to find it and give an update.

In the article about Abraham supposedly lying, it seems to me that he didn't really lie and such as accusation is only derived from "Islamic" secondary sources.

Mariyah