Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Geocentrism and Flat Earth in Quran II

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Geocentrism and Flat Earth in Quran II
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »
Salaam hicham9,

That is the second time you have provided that image to support your view of the earth being flat and geocentric, as well as to discredit NASA. Several individuals from 'Quora; have explained, in detail, those "evident hot-spots". Feel free to visit it:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-the-clouds-look-like-duplicates-in-this-picture-of-the-earth

Also, what short of "debate" is this where you burden us with pictures/links and expect us to answer/explain them? Why don't you, for a change, address some of the the concern/points/questions Mariyah and I raised?

My questions, again, are as followed:

1) Why do you dismiss the images Mariyah and I provide/ed them as 'fake', 'untrustworthy' and 'distorted' yet give no similar concern to those that you provide."

2) Who took the images you provide/ed? And what makes them more credible than those from NASA and the ISS?

3) Please read through the following site which lists (several) indisputable facts which supports the earth being round. And after having read through it, would you be so kind as to share with me any rebuttals you may have of/to it.?:

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

In-particular, would you be so kind as to explain to me/us the following phenomenon: "Approaching ships do not just 'appear' out of the horizon (like they should have if the world was flat), but rather emerge from beneath the sea". Why do you believe that is?

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2016, 10:15:21 AM »
Honestly, I'm about done with this. I was supposed to be studying, but instead I'm here writing out rebuttals to far-fetched conspiracy theorists.

Hicham9, I think the real problem is not that you believe the earth is flat. The problem is that you believe EVERY nonsensical "theory" the internet throws at you, like how the zombie apocalypse is about to take place, and NASA members are Freemasons, and aliens are about to take over the earth, and the planes flown into the Twin Towers were invisible, and the moon landing never happened. Seriously.

I'm going to quit arguing with you about the actual flatness of the earth, and instead I'm going to discuss your ideology.

Numero Uno: Don't believe stuff without verifying it. We believe that Joseph Islam's articles display the real Islam because they provide concrete evidence in favor of such a conclusion. They make sense, and they appeal to human nature in general. However, your conspiracy theories provide no such concrete evidence AT ALL.

Numero Deux: When you believe these theories, you're falsely accusing people of lying and deceiving others. You're attributing lies to others. Your theories were mildly amusing at first in a "Saturday Night Live" kind of way, but now they're just bizarre and disturbing, somewhat like Trump's speeches. You've gotten to the point where you're literally slandering people. And I am not amused. I don't think Hassan and Seraphina are amused either.

I don't even think Joseph can explain things to you now. You've kind of gotten to that point already. But if he could try working his magic, that'd be nice.

Please keep in mind the following verses:

“Surely Allah does not guide him aright who is a liar, ungrateful" -39.3

“... the curse of Allah be on him if he is one of the liars" - 24.8

24:15. When you were propagating it (lies) with your tongues, and uttering with your mouths that whereof you had no knowledge, you counted it a little thing, while with Allah it was very great.

24:16. And why did you not, when you heard it, say: “It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (O Allah)! This is a great lie.’

24:17. Allah forbids you from it and warns you not to repeat the like of it (lies) forever, if you are believers.

And read verse 17.36 again.

WAKE UP, PLEASE. YOU ARE NOT INCREASING MY FAITH IN HUMANITY.

I don't want to insult you, I want to teach you what makes sense and what doesn't. You need to start listening.

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2016, 10:27:07 AM »
Salaam All,

I share Mariyah sentiment; I, too, am done with this "Debate". Some people just can't be convinced, no matter how much evidence you provide.

"A MAN WITH A CONVICTION is a hard man to change. Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point." -L e o n F e s t i n g e r

Hicham9, consider this my last comment on this topic. Peace.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »
Salaam

This thread is now closed.

Thanks

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2018, 03:02:31 AM »
THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH
http://quransmessage.com/articles/the%20shape%20of%20the%20earth%20FM3.htm

The gist of the article is summarised below:

[1] The Earth was levelled and spread wide to make it habitable. This does not mean that the whole planet is flat.

[2] The Quran confirms Earth-like objects in the observable cosmos in verse 65:12. To date, all these earth-like celestial objects have been shown to be a sphere-like shape and not flat.

065:012
"It is God who has created seven/several heavens and of the Earth, the like of them."

[3] The focus of the Quran's narrative is not to provide evidence for the shape of the earth per se, but rather to ponder over the vast realms of God's creation, with a view to acknowledge Him as the Creator and Supreme authority.

[4] The Quran provides multifaceted examples through verifiable observations / perceptions of the planet and the wider cosmos. This does not imply that its intention is to primarily present challenging concepts that would be blatantly unacceptable to the understanding / sensibilities / perceptions of the people or to present novel scientific observations which were impossible to observe (53:49) or verify. However, these signs do incorporate 'Divine fingerprints' which could be better understood with the advancement of scientific discovery. After all, the Quran is a Scripture that needs to remain current, appropriate and consistent with time.

I hope this helps, God willing.
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell