Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How do you think we should pray actually?

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: How do you think we should pray actually?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:58:09 AM »
peace Anjum,

It's good that you understand what you are saying when you recite those verses of Al Quran.

Bear in mind that the purpose of all books is for their message to be understood.

Understand ----> Apply

I would imagine if one keeps reading/studying/applying Quran they will feel closer to God.

You are probably aware there are various views on al salat as per Quran.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
Salam Wakas...

THank you for your kind reply...:)...yup i totally agree...its better to understand and apply rather than blindly following...just reciting doesnt help seriously...i m aware of the verses about salat in Quran brother...but i m still not able to figure out..what should we actually recite during prayer?...should we just recite ayats from Quran or normally pray to God...thats what i m confused...

Regards,
Anjum

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 01:53:16 AM »
peace Anjum,

There are those who believe in a freeform salat (what they call prayer), which means the format and content are not defined therefore you can select whatever to recite from Quran, add personal supplication and praise of God etc if you choose to.

In duaa (call/petition/supplication) one can say whatever is in one's heart to God, anytime, anywhere, short/long, lying down, standing etc etc, i.e. however/wherever/whenever you want.

The regular/timed salat is different however. You can read my view here.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
Salam Wakas,

Thanks for your explanation and links..:)..it was of help..thanks a lot..:)...i want to follow the salat form mentioned in Quran...but..i dont want to idly pray..i want to feel close..thats why...i was wondering..if we can recite whatever we want during prayer?..like..our own prayers...or should we recite only the verses from Quran...?..
sorry for the silly questions..:)..

Thanks and regards,
Anjum

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 03:16:57 AM »
peace,

Sorry, didn't see your reply.

...i was wondering..if we can recite whatever we want during prayer?..like..our own prayers...or should we recite only the verses from Quran...?..

Assuming you are referring to "salat" then if you can find a verse in Quran stating we can recite whatever we want e.g. like our own prayers, in "salat", then you may do so in your "salat".

In that link I gave you it references multiple verses strongly linking Quran with salat.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:56 PM »
Salam Brother Wakas,

Thats ok...:)...Thank you very much again for replying and helping me in need...:)...i read the link...

Thank you very much...:)

Regards,
Anjum