Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Inquiry on Religious Matters - For Joseph Islam

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Inquiry on Religious Matters - For Joseph Islam
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:33:28 PM »
Good Evening Mr. Josephislam,

I would like to ask you a question about what you feel (in light of the "mood" of the Quran) about watching movies, tv shows, etc. Do you feel watching movies,tv shows would agree with the mood of the Quran or disagree with it. Of course, the answer is a "it depends". This is where I would like you to share your understanding on the matter.

In case you can answer. I thank you in advance.

In case you can't, I'd like to thank you for your previously made efforts and tell you they expanded my horizons and I can say in some ways have brought me closer to Allah.

For this, I thank Allah and thank you for endeavoring to become the manifestation of His will.

Peace.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Inquiry on Religious Matters - For Joseph Islam
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:43:14 PM »
Dear Sir / Madam,

The tool or medium is just an avenue. It can be used for good and evil. Much like speech – it can be used for both good and evil.

For a believer, how much one 'discerns' and 'discriminates' between what they watch and how they watch it will depend on their spiritual / religious filter (their 'imaan' / extent of God fearing).

It is noteworthy however that Satan and his dark forces / minions have an adept ability to mix good with evil, 'the insidious / dark footsteps' (khutwah – 2:168; 2:208; 6:142; 24:21) in which they draw the human soul to make lawful what is forbidden and lead one to indecency and dishonour. [1]

In anything we watch or do, it is my humble view that we must remain extremely vigilant.

Regards,
Joseph 

REFERENCE

[1] SATAN'S GUILE - DARK FORCES OF EVIL
http://quransmessage.com/articles/satans%20guile%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Re: Inquiry on Religious Matters - For Joseph Islam
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:54:25 PM »
1. Assalam alikum brother joesph sorry to bother so in conclusion we can watch movies but we should just fast forward or skip those witch are disgusting and just watch the good bits etc is that right jazzakkallah 2. do you watch movies etc if you don't mind me asking sorry jazzakkallah