Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: women paridise polygamy forced

Offline yahya

• View Profile
women paridise polygamy forced
« on: June 27, 2016, 02:27:54 AM »
Assalam alikum brother if you could answer this question I would be extremely grateful my question is in heaven what happens if a husband what's more than one wife and his wife doesn't want him to because some people say the women will not have jealousy in heaven so they say the woman won't feel that way and they use 7:43 and 15:47 to support that view but I think that's horrible that a women will just have to put up with it or not feel that way because that makes it false love or a robot or lobotomy type so can a women still be able to feel that way in heaven to ask god to just have him and that he doesn't have any more wives and at the same time the man still able to have more than one wife at the same time or will she not feel that way because I think that's wrong so will she still be able to feel that way and ask that question or not if you could answer this question I would be extremely grateful jazzakkallh is that sort of jealousy a sin any way what the women feels anyway in heaven and on earth also can you answer that question also is that sort of jealousy a sin or not what that woman feels jazzakkallh

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Re: women paridise polygamy forced
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:38:33 AM »
Like is it wrong for a muslim women to want a man just to her self weather on earth or heaven because that's what some people make it sound like jazzakkallah

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 02:39:11 AM »
What evidence is there that you'll have the same relationships in paradise that you do at this time?
deleted

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 05:30:52 AM »
Well that's my question as well

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 10:45:11 AM »
Our Lord hasn't provided but that "you'll become married" (44:54, and 52:20), and "you'll be married"(2:25, 3:15, 4:57).  To who, that is up to our Lord.
deleted

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
All those you love, you're Lord has made you love. He predestined all of this. Couldn't He have destined that you fall in love with someone else? It's all just hormones.
deleted

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:29 PM »
*your
deleted

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 02:04:27 AM »
As-salamu alaykum

With all due respect, what surprises me most about questions such as these is that anyone who has been granted mercy, felicity and 'Jannah' by God will arguably least be worried about who they shall be married to or not or the nature of these relationships.

The fact that they have made it to Jannah after a serious trial after an event which would turn children’s hair grey! (73:17) would hardly be worried about such seemingly petty matters such as these. Particularly if one notes how much effort is required to enter Jannah in the first place!

Or do you think that you shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When will the help of God come?" Ah! Indeed, the help of God is (always) near!”

In my humble view, the initial post is written from the lens of earthly relationships. These relationships and feelings have little to no literal meaning in the next world. That will be a world completely alien to ours as the Quran intimates in so many different verses. The Quran does provide similitudes, but there is no specific focus on either men or women or what the exact nature / comprehensive details of these 'companionships' will be. Rancour (7:43) / jealousy / lowest form of animal instincts such as procreation / sex / defecation are earthly concepts. They fulfil a purpose on earth. They arguably have little to no relevance in the Hereafter.

For all intent and purposes, we will be a new creation and arguably what the exact nature of that will be, is not fully apparent to us. This form is clearly stated as 'unknown' to humans.

056:060-61
"We have decreed death among you and We are not to be overcome. In order that We may change your likeness and produce you into what you know not."

‘Lo” We have created them a (New Creation)”
(Inna (Indeed we/ Lo) Inshanahunna (We have produced them) Inshaa (Into a creation))

Therefore, these 'earthly' questions based on 'earthly emotions' have little to no meaning in the Hereafter.

It is my humble advice that rather than worry about issues such as these, we should rather remain diligent and focus our efforts / energies towards achieving felicity / Jannah.

Regards,
Joseph

RELATED:

[1] UNDERSTANDING DIFFERENT WORLDS
https://facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/420605631409903
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sleepysoul

• ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 06:43:47 PM »
Qur’an – 25:16 “For them therein is whatever they wish, abiding eternally. It is ever upon your Lord a promise requested.”

Qur’an – 50:35 “There will be for them therein all that they wish, – and more besides in Our Presence.”

Qur’an – 39:34 “They will have whatever they desire with their Lord. That is the reward of the doers of good –“
(See also, 16:31, 21:102, 36:57, 43:71)

That should be enough. Jannah will be a place of true happiness. God knows what is in our hearts, what we want and what makes us happy. We have to trust Allah.  :-)

Offline AQL

• Feminist. <-- Does this make you cry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 10:04:32 PM »
SalamunAlaykum,

I wanted to say that it is not really a "petty issue", if one is told (especially women) that she will be with her current husband, her husband will have many hoories as well as her, she will be "queen" over the hooris and more beautiful than them etc. It becomes a matter of ruining someone's perception of Jannah thus making it difficult to work towards it in the first place.
"Just focus on getting to Jannah" seems like a common thing said to women who worry about this issue. How can they work for something that is being portrayed as unfair and male biased? I feel that it's often easier for a man to just dismiss this is a non-serious issue.

I have spoken to a few women who were losing faith because of this "hoori" issue. It is not always so easy.

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 08:01:53 PM »
Quran is mainly male centric and the people quran first addressed lived in a type of society where male dominates above females.They were having as many wife as they want and divorcing whenever they want. Divorcing old ones and marrying young teens. So these kind of heaven descriptions also followed their way of living and nobody complained then. There was no problem at all. But in this time and age when we women are empowering in many fields and society changes we have difficulties understanding these descriptions of heaven which is just like a typical arab of that time would love to have, would love to die for, would love to kill for. So if we put quran in a time and historical frame and only derive universal ideas and treat quran in this context our next generations may be away from deism!

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »
we have difficulties understanding these descriptions of heaven

“Whoever does righteous deeds, from a male or female, and is a believer, We will make him live a good life and We will reward them their dues with the best of what they used to do.” [16:97]

So their Lord answered to them: “That I do not waste the work/deed of any doer from among you, from a male or female, you are all as each other. For those who emigrated and were driven out from their homes and were harmed in My cause, and they fought and were killed, I will substitute from  them their sins and I will admit them to gardens, the rivers flowing from beneath them.” A recompense from God; and God has the best recompense. [3:195]

I pity you that you deny/ Not able to comprehend The Creator!!!
The One Who made you EXIST. Before you were born, you were nothing - NO time, NO space, NO thoughts, NO feeling, NO emotions...Nothing. And He(gender not implied) designed you, gave you an opportunity to explore and experience this wonderful world! Which He designed/engineered for you.
And you argue No GOD, while you don’t know when you cease to exist.

salaam.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
easy mohammad easy. please instead of feeling pity and showing emotional outburst come with logic. Quranic description of heaven mainly targets the arabs likening (mainly male) of pleasures. This is also stated in many thinkers book as i remember one is Matorudi. chill out!

Offline AQL

• Feminist. <-- Does this make you cry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »
There are different interpretations of the word "hoor". Even Joseph Islam's article mentions the meaning of the word "hoor" encompassing both male and female genders.

Even if men were more forward with their sexual ideas before (I don't know how true this is) like they are now, it does not mean that women had no desires. Women's desires are often pushed to the back it seems. Why?

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »
There are different interpretations of the word "hoor". Even Joseph Islam's article mentions the meaning of the word "hoor" encompassing both male and female genders.

peace,

I agree with this.

For example see verse 16:97

"Whoever does righteous deeds, from a male or female, and he is a believer, We will make him live a good life and We will reward them their dues with the best of what they used to do."

Even though there mentioned both male and female, still comes he is a believer, We will make him

May be some alteration in the rules of Arabic grammar? For achieving Arabian desires/goals?
Because as we know, most of the traditional translators are/were followers of Arabs especially of the Saudi Arabian Sovereign system. (even now most of the people with ‘Muslim’ label are not following the Qur’an, they are followers of Arabs)

But anyway such things will not affect a truly believing man/woman or their life because, Qur’an is the guidance for the muttaqeen [2:2]

And who are Al muttaqeen?

“The righteousness/obedience is not to turn your faces towards the east and the west, but righteousness/obedience is one who believes in God and the Last Day, and the angels, and the Book, and the prophets, and he gives money out of love to the relatives, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer, and those who ask, and to free the slaves; and he carries out the swalat, and contributes towards purification; and those who keep their pledges/ contracts when they make a pledge/ contract, and those who are patient in the face of adversity and hardship and (during the) time of the war/hardship. These are the ones who have been truthful, and these are Al Muttaqoon.” [2:177]
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]