Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Hurs

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Hurs
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 06:39:12 AM »
Dear Wanderer,

Please can you kindly share with me Quranic verses regarding these 'purified spouses', and what you expected me to address regarding them?

Please kindly recall that I've already shared verses that earthly bonds will be severed.  Yes we may enter paradise with our righteous kinsfolk from earth, but I'm not sure what else you are alluding to and expect me to address.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:10 AM »
The verses are 2:25, 3:15, and 4:57. I am merely asking for your personal opinion as to what this term refers to.
Regards,
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »
The word used in those (2:25, 3:15, 4:57) is "أَزْوَاجٌ", which is again from the verb translated as "to couple" that we've seen as وَزَوَّجْنَاهُمْ ("and we'll couple them") in 44:54; وَزَوَّجْنَاهُمْ بِحُورٍ عِينٍ. From that I'm of the perspective that those refer again to the بِحُورٍ عِينٍ.
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »
So what do you think is a better translation of these passages?
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
Dear Wanderer,

As I have already shared and as Eliiah has also kindly shared, the term implies companionship, coupling and yes, if spoken in an earthly context, between man and woman, would imply lawful coupling through marriage.

However, as I've already intimated, in the Hereafter or with references to the Hereafter, earthly interpretations must be seen with caution as we are speaking of a world and existence largely unknown to us.  Therefore, companion coupling, pairing or partnering is arguably the better rendition here.

I feel I have now exhausted this discussion and that you will kindly allow me to respectfully take leave from this topic.

I hope my responses hitherto have helped, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph  :)
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 04:12:04 PM »
Its interesting that lot of us, including me, are worried about the Hurs and etc. As if tickets are in our hands and we are in the cue and excited to know the details.
No hurt feelings, please. I also discuss these matters for a while with family and freinds. And as my hairs become gray, skin becomes wrikled i am getting more and more afraid whether i shall be thier or not? Now, sometimes I read those verses and it seems to me that I am a boy standing outside a cinema hall looking avariciously at the poster of a marvelous movie. And alas! I have not much money in my pocket.
Actually we must concentrate how to get the ticket.
Once again, no hurt feelings, please. This post is for myself.

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 03:42:05 AM »
Salaam all
Really sorry to pursue this but is there any mention of gender in Jannah in the Quran?
Does the "pairing" or "coupling" allude to this?

Peace and regards,

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 09:42:26 PM »
Peace All.
My understanding of "Hur" and "Hur een" is some sort of "cycles" of another life.
 For example we are coupled in this life by a soul and a body. In the hereafter "Zawwajnahum bi-hur een" just means GOD  will couple the new creation s soul by another "body" one that is different from this body. One that is pure...etc.
GOD also gives example of the fruits of paradise cycle of life. Every-time a fruit is picked it is replaced new like the first but untouched...

So, Cheers to all for a new life in a new body with new provisions in a new place ...But not as humans!
GOD bless.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 12:02:38 AM »
Oh cool. That's one way of looking at pairing.
Thanks and please good logic.