Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Kawaiba

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
Kawaiba
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:34:13 AM »
Hello Joseph. I really appreciated our conversation a month back where we discussed the topic of hurs in the Quran. Now I have a question about the "kawaiba" mentioned in verse 78:33 which you note are female. My translation renders then as "youthful maidens with swelling breasts", something that really disturbs me. Is this accurate? If not, who are these entities? I cant find them in any other verse. What is there purpose in the afterlife? And likewise, who are the young men of verse 76:19.
Please answer as soon as possible
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Kawaiba
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 10:08:06 AM »
Shalom / peace,

Are you really 14 years old as you say you are???????...

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:23:11 AM »
I feel like it was a mistake talking about my age on that thread. I feel that my age shouldn't matter, my beliefs, and opinions, and positions should. The quote I listed below is not in my words, but rather, the words of the Quran translation I am currently reading (Sahih International). Please take my inquiries as seriously as you would take the inquiries of any other person here.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
So... does anyone have an answer for me?

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:21:04 PM »
Shalom / peace.

Age can matter for a number of reasons. Personally i don't think you are 14...but anyway...please stop demanding responses......i would suggest ask your qs and leave it to that.

However, i do note your q tackled in the article below.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/sexy%20female%20virgins%20for%20men%20in%20heaven%20FM3.htm

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »
Hello Duster
Please stop being rude to me. The attack on my stated age (essentially calling me a liar) was totally uncalled for. Also, I am not "demanding answers", I simply would like people to take my inquiries seriously, as they would if it was from anybody else. The question I asked was based off what I read in that article, so the article did not help me.
Regards
wanderer

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 02:37:35 AM »
Wanderer - who are you telling others not to be rude when all you pretty much are doing is being rude and impatient with others.....???? Get off your high horse....you want an argument, I'll give you one. ...i think you are both rude and impatient.....my suggestion is chill and read the forum rules about badgering others.

Also the article doesn't provide that translation. It addresses the word Kuwaib and the young men so don't say that your q is based off it........when the article addresses it.....I personally find your qs contentious....unnecessarily!

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 03:41:14 AM »
Duster-
I am really sorry for whatever I have done to upset you... your hostility is unprecedented... I have no idea of why you are so mad... please explain it to me so that we can work things out together.
Regards
wanderer

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 03:43:45 AM »
I don't want an argument, I just want an answer to my question by the way... it seems as if Duster is a upset at me right now, hopefully we can work things out, but in the meantime, does anyone have an answer for me?
Regards
wanderer

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 04:35:29 AM »
I gave you an answer.  Read the article which explains it and stop being contentious !!! In my view.....So many of your posts are so dismissive of others.  That's why I'm finding your posts irritating and almost trolling!!!!

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 06:28:49 AM »
Ive already told you Duster, my question arose AFTER I read the article and I just would like further clarification on the inquiries listed above. Can you please explain what I  did specifically to offend you?? Ive answered all your question patiently, even when you accused me of being an arrogant troll and a liar. What did I do?
Regards
wanderer

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 06:37:08 AM »
This is why i think you didn't read the article properly and where i think you keep trolling and wasting time.....》》》

You say. ...
"Now I have a question about the "kawaiba" mentioned in verse 78:33 which you note are female. My translation renders then as "youthful maidens with swelling breasts", something that really disturbs me. Is this accurate?"

The article says .....

"078.033
“And youthful women (Kawaiba) of equal age (well matched)”

Despite the popular understanding of the word ‘Kawaiba’ as a reference to youthful women, it should also to be noted that the root – ‘K-AYN-BA’ has an underlying connotation of prominence, splendour, something which is physically prominent, of nobility, glory or anything elevated. It is also a reference to a square chamber or building. What will come as a surprise to many is that the same root is used in the word ‘KABAH’ in the Masjid Haram, the Holy sanctuary. Hence, some commentators continue to render ‘Kawaib’ as ‘splendid companions’ or ‘companions’. However, given the general usage and feminine plural noun of the word, there is support that this may be a reference to a female entity."

Now you see why i think you are trolling or being unnecessarily contentious???...》》

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 06:51:37 AM »
That was not my only question. My question was how can female entities exist in Heaven if earthly gender attributes no longer apply and what is their purpose there.
But thank you for answering one of my questions.
Regards
wanderer

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 06:53:05 AM »
I did read the article carefully by the way--many times. That is where my question originated. Can you please explain why you are so angry at me?

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
Peace brother. For what do you think that there wouldn't be (men, and women) in the Hereafter?
deleted