Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 7:172-173 the meaning of these verses

Offline yahya

• View Profile
7:172-173 the meaning of these verses
« on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:38 AM »
Assalam alikum i know I've asked a question simalar but to me it was not answered correctly because I think a said it wrong so I will rephrase it what are the meaning of these verses 7:172-173 like does 7:173 mean that every pagan knows that there is one god but all pagans know that there is no more than one god but worship more than one god out of arrogance

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Re: 7:172-173 the meaning of these verses
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »
Also what does 30:30 mean as a side note

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 01:00:58 AM »
Any thoughts sorry

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 09:19:18 AM »
If someone can answer this question please as well. If Joseph islam could because it's to do with your article on kuffar because it means only people who know the truth but reject it but these verses seem to say everyone knows the truth already so people who are atheists budists pagans they have no excuse if someone could answer about these two verses please as well

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »
What it means is just because you were born into ignorance, it doesn't mean that you will get a free pass on the Day of Judgement for continuing to reject the Truth after the Message has come.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »
Also please don't continue to demand a response from people. When people have a good response, they will answer. I once did that too and I was blocked from the forum.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »
ok thanks but that's my point the verse doesent sound like when the meassege reaches you it sounds like 7:172-173 means that if your born in a non muslim family like a budist family and you still don't hear anything about islam or the wrong thing about it that that's no excuse still no excuse being a buddist even if you believe buddisiom is real the truth sorry that's what I mean jazzakkallh like it sounds like there no excuse for ignorance even if you don't hear the truth

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »
I actually don't see any of this. There are explicit verses of the Quran that explicitly deny what you are saying.

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 02:42:02 PM »
I agree totally what you are saying that's my point there are many verses in the quran what says the oppersite of what im saying but it is these 2 verses what making it sound like what I said above like there is no excuse but I know that's not right because like you said there are verses what say the oppersite so then what do these 2 verses mean because they sound like what I said above that there is no excuse so im very confused what these 2 verses mean sorry to keep bothering

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 02:52:19 PM »
I've said it before I personally do not see this at all in these two verses. I've already shared with you my view of what they mean. The interpretation you are stating can in my mind only be deduced indirectly through these verses. My question to you is: why are you trying to seek an indirect, implicit view of these verses when there are numerous explicit verses that contradict it?
Regards
wanderer

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »
If someone can answer this question please as well. If Joseph islam could because it's to do with your article on kuffar because it means only people who know the truth but reject it but these verses seem to say everyone knows the truth already so people who are atheists budists pagans they have no excuse if someone could answer about these two verses please as well

Yahya,

Please refrain from badgering for responses. You have been warned and partially banned before.  If you continue breaching forum policy, your account will be disabled.

Thanks

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 04:11:42 PM »
Asalamu Alykum Yahya

In my humble opinion, verse 7:172 is giving us human beings today after reading the Quran the reminder of an oath that was taken by arguably all human souls before they entered this world. Now that God has reminded us through this revelation the Holy Quran the oath that was taken, we shall have no excuse to say we did not remember. As the Quran is now reminding us.

Or another interpolation would be that 'here is the oath that you took with God that you dont remember, "Am I not your Lord? They said: Yea, verily we testify" So here it is now reminded to you the oath in this Quran so that on the Day of Resurrection you do not say and give an excuse of this oath we were unaware.'

Verse 7:173 seems to suggest that incase you try to blame your fathers(ones following falsehood) for your destruction as you have been warned before you came to this world and after with this Quran.

This is my humble opinion. God knows best.

May God guide us even more Insha'Allah

Salam

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 04:14:45 PM »
Thank you brother Hamzeh, you explained it better than I ever could have. Hopefully, it will help our brother Yahya.
Regards
wanderer

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »
Insha'Allah and your welcome brother Wanderer. Insha'Allah Allah strengthens us with each other in knowledge, wisdom, and good deeds.

Salam

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 11:50:10 PM »
 :) :)
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell