Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does the quran support the multi universe theory

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Does the quran support the multi universe theory
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:58:38 AM »
Assalam alikum I was just wondering does the quran support or denie or is nutural on the ideal of the theory or the multi universe theory or is it silent on the idea meaning if there is it neither goes with or against the quran like the creation of cars for example

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Does the quran support the multi universe theory
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
Walikum Salam yahya,

Although it presents certain scientific information's, the Quran is not a book of science; it is book of guidance. The purpose of its revelation is not to teach people science of things that they can explore and learn on their own through observation, experimentation, and trial / error, nor to address every possible human scenario. Rather it's subject matter and primary intent is guidance – teaching human beings how to live in this world as moral beings so that they have the most optimum personality (individually) and the most optimum society (collectively) in this world and so that they will be successful in the Hereafter.

Therefore, my (limited but expanding) knowledge of the Quran leads me to the conclusion that the Quran is silent on this issue. But silence should not be taken to mean that (in this case) multi-universe don't exist; they may or may not; the only way to know is (as the Quran demands of us) go out and investigate it for ourselves.:

"Those who remember Allah, standing, sitting and lying on their sides, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth (saying): 'Our Lord, You have not created this for nothing. Glory be to You! So safeguard us from the punishment of the Fire.'" [Quran: 3: 191]

Hope that helps.
Peace.