Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: No explicit verse about the afterlife in OT?

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: No explicit verse about the afterlife in OT?
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2016, 02:27:42 AM »
The parts that are GOD s words is what GOD  is asking the people of the book to follow/judge by.

Shalom / peace .... The parts from what? What are these parts of? What parts are the People of the Book meant to judge by? If it is not the Bible, then what is it?

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:05 AM »
Peace Duster.
You follow judge by the bible if you wish. My answer to you is this:
The parts that "GOD has revealed".
Those who study the bible and are sincere, GOD will guide them to His words.
You me and everyone else,need to study/ponder GOD s scriptures . GOD Alone is the guide.
Here is the criteria  :

1. RATIONAL TEACHINGS: Since God bestowed reason and intellect on mankind, it is our duty to use it to distinguish truth from falsehood. True undistorted revelation from God must be rational and can be reasoned out by all unbiased minds.

2. PERFECTION: Since God is all perfect, His revelation must be perfect and accurate, free from mistakes, omissions, interpolations and multiplicity of versions. It should be free from contradictions in its narration.

3. NO MYTHS OR SUPERSTITIONS: True revelation from God is free from myths or superstitions that degrade the dignity of God or man.

4. SCIENTIFIC: Since God is the Creator of all knowledge, true revelation is scientific and can with stand the challenge of science at all times.

5. PROPHECY: God is the Knower of the past, present and future. Thus His word of prophecies in His revelation will be fulfilled as prophesied.

6. INIMITABLE BY MAN: True revelation from God is infallible and cannot be imitated by man. God’s true revelation is a Living miracle, an open Book challenging all mankind to see and prove for themselves.

The checking/confirming is yours.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2016, 03:18:30 AM »

1. RATIONAL TEACHINGS: Since God bestowed reason and intellect on mankind, it is our duty to use it to distinguish truth from falsehood. True undistorted revelation from God must be rational and can be reasoned out by all unbiased minds.

2. PERFECTION: Since God is all perfect, His revelation must be perfect and accurate, free from mistakes, omissions, interpolations and multiplicity of versions. It should be free from contradictions in its narration.

3. NO MYTHS OR SUPERSTITIONS: True revelation from God is free from myths or superstitions that degrade the dignity of God or man.

4. SCIENTIFIC: Since God is the Creator of all knowledge, true revelation is scientific and can with stand the challenge of science at all times.

5. PROPHECY: God is the Knower of the past, present and future. Thus His word of prophecies in His revelation will be fulfilled as prophesied.

6. INIMITABLE BY MAN: True revelation from God is infallible and cannot be imitated by man. God’s true revelation is a Living miracle, an open Book challenging all mankind to see and prove for themselves.

Shalom / peace ... if you are going to quote large copy paste texts from other's works ... can you at least have the decency to share the reference??????

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=az_KOCYY6GQC&pg=PA25&lpg=PA25&dq=Since+God+bestowed+reason+and+intellect+on+mankind,+it+is+our+duty+to+use+it+to+distinguish+truth+from+falsehood.+True+undistorted+revelation+from+God+must+be+rational+and+can+be+reasoned+out+by+all+unbiased+minds.&source=bl&ots=2kSGoEoARL&sig=MscYFsaZLi9SaxZVxbniL-hDZro&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi00Zflx_bPAhWJAMAKHSsMCokQ6AEIIjAB#v=onepage&q=Since%20God%20bestowed%20reason%20and%20intellect%20on%20mankind%2C%20it%20is%20our%20duty%20to%20use%20it%20to%20distinguish%20truth%20from%20falsehood.%20True%20undistorted%20revelation%20from%20God%20must%20be%20rational%20and%20can%20be%20reasoned%20out%20by%20all%20unbiased%20minds.&f=false

You still haven't answered the question ... which parts is the Quran taking about??? What Books were with them that they had to find 'parts' from????? Why don't you just answer the question rather than evading it???

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2016, 03:46:33 AM »
Peace Duster.

May be this is clearer to you:
The parts that GOD has sent down. ,for example what GOD sent to Moses , David,Solomon and the prophets to beni Israeel, and what was sent  to Jesus.   Yes ,GOD s words can be found in the bible.
However other books can also be found in the bible,.
What GOD has revealed is also confirmed in Qoran. Since you believe Qoran, check for yourself. All the verses you mentioned have" what GOD has revealed or "What GOD has sent down" to emphasise the point that "Only GOD s words " are to  be followed/judged by"

Anyway, I am repeating myself, If you do not get my point, show me otherwise from Qoran.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 04:15:56 AM »

May be this is clearer to you:
The parts that GOD has sent down. ,for example what GOD sent to Moses , David,Solomon and the prophets to beni Israeel, and what was sent  to Jesus.  Yes ,GOD s words can be found in the bible.
However other books can also be found in the bible,.

So are you now admitting that the Quran referred the people of the Book to the Bible they had with them to source information, even if it is some parts??

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2016, 04:28:51 AM »
Peace Duster.
You are not reading my posts.
I said all along the bible contains GOD s words and men s words.
May be you ought to read my posts again. You are not making sense or may be you run out of things to say to me.Or does this mean you are admitting that the bible contains men s words also?

Brother, shall I repeat myself once more:
GOD has asked the people of the book to follow/judge by His words only.
Thank you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2016, 05:40:24 AM »
Peace Duster.
You are not reading my posts.
I said all along the bible contains GOD s words and men s words.
May be you ought to read my posts again. You are not making sense or may be you run out of things to say to me.Or does this mean you are admitting that the bible contains men s words also?

Brother, shall I repeat myself once more:
GOD has asked the people of the book to follow/judge by His words only.
Thank you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

I find your posts are pathetic and disingenuous. GL. You are the one that has not been listening. You have been cornered and you have tried to wiggle out. Pathetic in my view.

Simple verses and you deny them. This all started with you not willing to accept that the Quran refers people of the Book to judge by other than the Quran with clear references to Biblical scriptures .......you've tried to do symantic twisting but it has not worked.   Whether it was a waste of time.....I'll let other readers decide...

Peace out !

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 07:23:28 AM »
Peace duster.
You say,quote:
Simple verses and you deny them. This all started with you not willing to accept that the Quran refers people of the Book to judge by other than the Quran with clear references to Biblical scriptures .......you've tried to do symantic twisting but it has not worked.   Whether it was a waste of time.....I'll let other readers decide...

The simple verses of Qoran have clear references to "What GOD has revealed" only in what you call those biblical scriptures.
Brother we discussed this same issue here:

Peace Duster.

GOD is clear in all those verses ,. Each of the verse or  context highlights "What GOD has revealed" . So GOD is consistent in all His scripture . To follow only what GOD has revealed. i.e The words of GOD.

If you are saying to me the "bible" we have contains only the words of GOD, then I disagree with you. The same with the books that existed when Mohammed was sent. they had GOD s words and men s words in them. GOD is saying to them "Follow His words only"!.

Peace relearning;

5:68 has  added " and all the revelations that come to you from your Lord"- Only GOD s words-.

5:43,...46

GOD is again confirming  "The Torah that had come before Jesus" and "We sent him the Gospel" ...Both GOD s words only.

5:47  makes it clear-  Judge by what GOD has revealed"  GOD s words only.

Hope you can see GOD s consistency clearer now.

GOD knows human and jinn devils will write their own words and claim it is from GOD!!!!

So when it comes to the "bible"  Qoran confirms ( GOD s words) and  rejects the rest. Same as what was asked from people of the book at the time of Mohammed.

Thank you .
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »
Shalom / peace GL

My point is simple which you are repeatedly missing.  You have admitted that the Bible contains some words of God......so, when the Quran refers them back to their books......do you admit then they are asked to judge by something other than the Quran?????

Simple yes or no!!!!!

What is wrong with you that you won't answer a simple question....?.

For example the reference to the Torah. The children of israel are asked to judge by this.....do you accept that this is something other than the Quran??

....simple question!!!

Offline Student

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »
Salaam,

Thanks Duster, GL and everyone who gave me links and resources to quench my thirst. And thanks to br. Zack from earlier posts. I've started reading OT myself  :D and that means Qs for the people familiar with the scriptures  :P

Sister Nura,

I see you are not in disagreement with my understanding as you're expressing between the lines what I call qualifications to 2:62 and 5:69  :D

Thanks,
~ Student
Thanks,
~ Student

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2016, 02:34:27 AM »
Peace Duster.

No, we are not discussing whether the bible contains GOD s words, I have already answered this. I have already said there is both GOD s words and men s word in the present bible.
We are discussing whether GOD is asking them to judge by "the bible that exists now as a whole". I am saying GOD is not doing that.
GOD is clear, precise and deliberate. He is asking them to follow/judge by only what "He revealed" in it.

I am clear in what I am saying.
Now, are you saying GOD is asking them to  judge by everything that is in the bible as we have it?

If you are, then I disagree with you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.