Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: hafs and warsh 18:36

Offline sharon

• View Profile
hafs and warsh 18:36
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:50:22 PM »
Assalam alikum I was just wondering since the hafs says in 18:36 this garden and the warsh says these gardens and like with a verse it says warsh and the other says wipe dissent that mean that there are different versions of the quran  how do we explain this

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Re: hafs and warsh 18:36
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:58:36 PM »
In your last sentence you mean sura 5:8 ardschulakum in Nafi and ardschulikum in other Rezitation .One mean wash your foot the other wipe your foot.

or in sura al-fatiha (1: 3): maliki oder maaliki both describing attitudes of Allah and theres no big difference between "Ruler" or "Sustainer" 

Different Rezitations are verified by the Prophet himself after some querrels between soldiers in the peripheri of the arabian Peninsula.

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »
I meant 5:6

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:51:25 PM »

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »
And with 3:146 the hafs say fought while the warsh says died so how do we explain this because it sounds like different versions this is very confusing

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:28:22 AM »
salam,

The root of those words are the same  "q-t-l". Meanings are close. Someone fighting in a battle... They can be killed or they can survive. The message of the ayah remains clear. The root of the words remains the same...

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:02:06 AM »
Even with 18:36 when it says this or them meaning garden or gardens

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 01:22:54 AM »
And with 3:146 the hafs say fought while the warsh says died so how do we explain this because it sounds like different versions this is very confusing

Shalom / peace Yahya .... Did you read the article that was shared by Ilker above by brother Joseph?  He argues that the Hafs version is the most authentic ....

"The Hafs transmission remains the widely accepted transmission in the Muslim world today which is attested not only by consensus (and mutawwatir propagation) but also early Quranic codices."

http://quransmessage.com/articles/seven%20readings%20FM3.htm

There was also a very interesting debate between brothers Bassam Zawadi and Joseph Islam below:

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=840.0

PLEASE PLEASE READ Before you ask any more questions ..... I've read the warnings given to you by the moderators .. The last thing anyone would want is for you to be banned for asking irrelevant questions .......>>>>

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 03:41:08 AM »
Thanks jazzakkallah I did read all this and i wholly agree that the hafs is more authentic but i guess my question would be even thow I totally agree the hafs beat everyone else but how do we explain how there are different types like of the warsh etc why doesn't all just use the hafs why are there the others when there shouldn't be but thanks jazzakkallah because the non muslims use this alot saying that the quran is similar to the bible but of course it's not but it's hard to explain this how and why and such of the reasons why the quran is protected and safe and not come to corruption like the bible and the allah has protected it like Allah said he would and has its just hard to explain all this but thanks for the help

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 06:59:30 AM »
Asalamu Alykum Yahya

Regarding your question

The Quran is indeed protected by God Himself.

15:9 Lo! We, even We, reveal the Reminder, and lo! We verily are its Guardian.

Now lets assume that people were to try to change and tamper the words of the Quran and spread it through the world, this does not mean that God did not fulfill His promise and the verse has become disproven in anyway.

When God says that He will remain to be the protector of the Quran, it does not mean that there will not be any human errors in the transmission of the Quran or that some ill people will not try to corrupt it, as there might always be the cases like that.

It is more logical for a reader of the Quran to take the majority read version of a Book especially in light of the verse 15:9. One wonders that when God is telling you He is its guardian, He is most likely going to make it rule over all other versions that have errors or have been tampered with. The article and debate that brother Duster shares shows that the differences between the version is not a close margin. Its a 95% to 5%.

If it was a 55/45 or 60/40 then one might question the case.

God has chosen to protect His message in two ways by a written manuscript and a oral version.

We have evidence that the majority reading of the Quran that is available today in our hands has been the same reading throughout history and we do not note any changes or tampering to it.

Also brother Yahya I also would like to respectfully ask you to just take it easy just a little bit and start reading more and more on this website before you ask one line questions followed by another.

It is hard for anyone to answer questions by the way your asking them, despite most of them if not all of them have already been somewhat answered on this forum somewhere.

Please make use of this link below. What ever verse your interested in questioning just type it in the "search" area and a lot will come up. Just browse through the posts and Insha'Allah you will find lots of information or discussions about them.

Jazak'Allah

Salam

Search
http://quransmessage.com/articles/search%20FM2.htm

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 10:14:51 PM »
Ok thanks jazzakkallah I understand now I guess the last question would be couldn't the christions and Jews use this same excuse with the torch and bible that they follow the majority but I guess we could say to them is that there books have never stayed consistent and stayed the same like the quran because not only do there books not match they have extra chapters and such but if they were to use the same excuse how would we explain to them that there way of using this excuse is wrong and in no way the same as the quran that they can't use this excuse etc but thanks thow jazzakkallah