Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Love/being in love from quranic perspective

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
Love/being in love from quranic perspective
« on: March 30, 2017, 04:23:14 AM »
Assalamu alaikum everyone
Long time no see :D i wish youre all in good health and matters inshallah.
I wish I could get more knowledge on a subject hardly discussed. We hear people discus the requirements of marriage but we hardly hear them discuss love. Considering Quran is fully detailed, what does Allah say regarding love? Is love what makes us get married, or is getting married that gets us love? How do we know we are in love with someone and we wont regret in marrying him? does Allah give women any advice as to what to look for in a man and how do we know we are in love with him?
I think informing ourselves regarding these would save us a lot of unnecessary heartache in this world and from hellfire in the next one.
I expect opinions/advice from brother Joseph and all of you,
May God bless you all,
Sera
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Love/being in love from quranic perspective
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »
Shalom / peace Seraphina ... nice to see you back after such a long time   8)...... i think love is not a pre-requisite for marriage ... I don't think the Qur'an ever mentions it or considers it a necessity ... However ... I know there is a verse that even when things go wrong in a marriage ... I'm assuming where couples can also fall out of love or do to other factors.... Allah still asks them to look for the best in each other ....

>>>And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good.>>> Surah Nisa verse 19

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:04:36 PM »
Hello there, Quran doesnt state natural orders such as continue to breath, dont forget to drink water, get enough sleep. These are naturally embedded in human behaviour. so love between men and women also a natural phenomenon which either way will find its way between different sexes. For such natural articles best advise is a general one i guess use your mind and heart =).

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 07:13:20 AM »
salamun alaykum all,

When it comes to "love", i remember 9:24 which gives me the message that the love i feel towards "anything worldly" (including families, wives, sons, daughters, friends or any kind of property etc.) has some boundaries that must be upheld no matter what.

Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that ye have gained; the commerce in which ye fear a decline: or the dwellings in which ye delight - are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause;- then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious.

Perhaps, this ayah was revealed about war (qital) or something specific, but i understand it as a general principle in life. Just like you said Seraphine, it keeps you away from "unnecessary heartache". Keeping in mind that nothing matters more than Allah (swt) and His commandments (His messenger,  His cause...) He is the one who cures your heart when it breaks.

Of course we sometimes fail to live by these principles but where's the harm in trying our best to do so ?

Take care.