Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Utterance of Peace be upon him (pbuh) after mention of the Prophet.

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Dear All,
Assalaamu 'alaikum

The verse (9:99) mentions 'Swalawaati rrasool' is 'spending' (Swadaqa).
Does this means the command in verse 33:56 is for giving Swadaqa ?
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Sorry,
Not pbuh, I meant the phrase 'Sal-Allahu-alaihiwa-sallam'
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: Utterance of Peace be upon him (pbuh) after mention of the Prophet.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:30:41 PM »
Peace mohammed.
My  understanding and reply to  some comments on "Salla Allhu Alaihi Wa Sallam" quoted by someone else:

On those who keep saying,every time the prophet Mohammed is mentioned-”Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam”:

When GOD mentioned the “Nabi” in any Ayat ,it was when the Nabi was alive.

When you say ,quote:(This is the person I mentioned  quote)
Allah sends blessings upon the pious souls of the deceased, especially our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم
إِنَّ اللَّـهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ  يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا
How do you explain Allah commanding the Believers to send Salawaat upon the Prophet (Sallallahu alahi wasallam)?
If you don’t send Salawaat it means you don’t consider yourself in the category of “Those who believe”. And that is true, people who hate the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam and refuse to send Salawaat upon him can hardly be considered Believers. And you yourself are excluding yourself from “Those who believe” who are addressed in Surah 33:56.
Also, consider the fact that the word “Yusalloona” is an imperfect verb, or فعل مضارع. It means “Verily Allah and the Mala’ikah are continuously sending blessings upon the Prophet”.

This tells me you(the person quoted) do not understand  what GOD is saying!!!
GOD is asking the believers during the prophets time =i.e when he was alive!!!!- to  support the prophet like GOD and  His angels support the prophet and to  totally submit to GOD- A total submission-.GOD is not asking us or them to parrot words that have no meanings whatsoever! Just how do you suppose GOD and His angels send “Sallawat” upon the prophet? Do you think GOD and the angels are repeating words like “Salla allahu alaihi wa sallam”?
The same way when GOD asked the believers not to raise their voice above that of the prophet!!! Do you think GOD is asking us to do that now that the prophet is gone?
The mind boggles at some logic
However ,you(the person quoted) can keep parroting them words if you choose to. A waste of time and effort I would say. Of course my opinion.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:44 AM »
Salam all

Brother good logic, I understand your point and I agree with you where you say: "to  support the prophet like GOD and  His angels support the prophet".. Yes it's not just about the utterance of these words, it's more than that. But can you please explain (quoting from you): "words that have no meanings whatsoever" ? You can wish for peace (salam) and salvation for the people who are gone (except for the ones mentioned in 9:113).

"And salam (peace) be upon him the day he was born and the day he dies and the day he is raised alive." (19:15)
"And salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!" (19:113)

Allah(swt) says "salam" for deceased prophets in surah Saffat (ayat 79, 109, 120, 130) and finally: "And peace be on the Messengers!" (37:181)

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Peace mohammed.
My  understanding and reply to  some comments on "Salla Allhu Alaihi Wa Sallam" quoted by someone else:

On those who keep saying,every time the prophet Mohammed is mentioned-”Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam”:

When GOD mentioned the “Nabi” in any Ayat ,it was when the Nabi was alive.

When you say ,quote:(This is the person I mentioned  quote)
Allah sends blessings upon the pious souls of the deceased, especially our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم
إِنَّ اللَّـهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ  يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا
How do you explain Allah commanding the Believers to send Salawaat upon the Prophet (Sallallahu alahi wasallam)?
If you don’t send Salawaat it means you don’t consider yourself in the category of “Those who believe”. And that is true, people who hate the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam and refuse to send Salawaat upon him can hardly be considered Believers. And you yourself are excluding yourself from “Those who believe” who are addressed in Surah 33:56.
Also, consider the fact that the word “Yusalloona” is an imperfect verb, or فعل مضارع. It means “Verily Allah and the Mala’ikah are continuously sending blessings upon the Prophet”.

This tells me you(the person quoted) do not understand  what GOD is saying!!!
GOD is asking the believers during the prophets time =i.e when he was alive!!!!- to  support the prophet like GOD and  His angels support the prophet and to  totally submit to GOD- A total submission-.GOD is not asking us or them to parrot words that have no meanings whatsoever! Just how do you suppose GOD and His angels send “Sallawat” upon the prophet? Do you think GOD and the angels are repeating words like “Salla allahu alaihi wa sallam”?
The same way when GOD asked the believers not to raise their voice above that of the prophet!!! Do you think GOD is asking us to do that now that the prophet is gone?
The mind boggles at some logic
However ,you(the person quoted) can keep parroting them words if you choose to. A waste of time and effort I would say. Of course my opinion.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Dear All,
Assalaamu 'alaikum

Brother good logic, you said: "...you(the person quoted) can keep parroting them words if you choose to."

I myself, do not support the requirement of the specific appendage S.A.W. for the Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) and I did not do it in any of my previous posts/replies.

What I intended by the post is that the Verse 33:56 is misunderstood by majority, and the verse may be an indirect command to the believers for giving 'Swadaqa' (charity). The verse 9:99 clarifies this.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 07:32:25 AM »
Peace Ilker,mohammed.
Please do not get me wrong.
I am not implying anything when I say "Parroting words" ,I just mean the words "Sallah Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam" do not have any meaning or effect . They are not benefiting the prophet or the person saying them.
I am not being personal towards anyone in particular.

But when we say "Peace be upon somebody" this phrase has a meaning .
"Salamun ala..." or "Alaihi Assalam"...have meanings and I do not think there is anything wrong in these sayings .
GOD bless.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197