Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Missing Fast In Ramadhan

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: Missing Fast In Ramadhan
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 06:34:10 PM »
peace all,

I was reading 2:184 recently and I think brother Joseph's explanation above in reply 13 is very good. I would add the following to further cement this understanding:

We should pay attention to 2:196 wherein abstinence/fast and fidya are also mentioned, translation source:

And fulfil the homage and the visit for God. So if you are prevented/restrained then what is easy of the offering and do not relieve/unburden your chiefs/representatives until the offering reaches its permitted place so whoever from among you was sick or with him harm from his chief/representative then ransom from abstinence/fast or charity or sacrifice/observance.
So when you are safe/secure then whoever enjoyed with the visit to the homage then what is easy of the offering, so whoever couldn't find then an abstinence/fast three days during the homage and seven when you returned, this is ten complete.
That is for one whose people are not present (at) the inviolable time of acknowledgement and be conscious of God and know that God is severe in punishment.
[2:196]

Thus, note how the options are twinned/interchanged:

2:184
no sawm ---> ransom/fidya ---> feed the needy

2:196
no hady/offering/animal (i.e. no feeding) ---> ransom/fidya ---> sawm

Offline ilker

• View Profile
Re: Missing Fast In Ramadhan
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 08:20:54 PM »
salam

I would like to know brother Joseph's point of view on this translation, especially the part for "shaving the head".