Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Recitation of Quran in Arabic Without Knowing Meaning is Blessing for Us

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Dear Brother Joseph ,
Salamun Alai kum . Brother , Many Muslims suggests to recite Quran for the believers of who does not know Arabic language . Recitation Quran no matter one understand the meaning of what God is prescribing but it is blessings from God to the reciters as it is word from God . I will be glad if you can put your thought in Quran's perspective .

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
AFAIK there is no verse in Quran stating it is a blessing to read The Quran without understanding. On the contrary, the evidence is against that, e.g.

62:5 The example of those who were given the Torah, but then failed to uphold it, is like the donkey that is carrying a cargo of books. Miserable indeed is the example of people who denied God's signs. God does not guide the wicked people.

Quite simply ask yourself, what would the author of a book prefer:

1) to have their work read without understanding its content
2) for people to read AND understand the message contained therein

If you wrote a book, would you want people to read it without understanding its content or to actually read to understand its content?

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Dear Brother ,
Peace be upon you . You answered exactly what in my mind . This is just absolute logic per Quran's perspective .
But still now it is prevailing that many hadith states that only recitation of the Quran without any understanding ( specific sura , verses etc... ) can benefit us for the recover of any crisis we are facing . It is mentioned that recitation of some verses or sura will give you give us Jannah , will not put us into trouble , some of them will make you rich , some of them will benefit us for many obstacles etc......
It is also mentioned if recitation of some specific sura , verses tow times , three times will benefit us . Many Muslims is practicing like this way .......  Some times it is mentioned of some story ,  event  as the proof of the recitation of the partly Quran or it's verses . For Example ... If any one recites a certain sura three times daily he never face poverty ..   

I will be glad if any one of this forum can give me strong evidence that no benefit will come to us either in earthly life  or in after world only recitation of the Quran without understanding .

Best/Rgds.

Offline relearning

• View Profile
its islamic sufism and mysticism which advocates for this position for them the words of the quran (arabic words) are a source of healing and blessing both for body and the soul. But i think their point is a serious cause for many problems which is very prevalent in islamic societies because it draws people away from logic and critical thinking.

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dear Beyond Tradition.

Can you please ensure that in future - you do not write your SUBJECT in CAPS. We have normalised the CAPS for now but please remember this for the future please.

Thanks.

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
i must follow this instruction.

Offline AQL

• Feminist. <-- Does this make you cry?
    • View Profile

It is also mentioned if recitation of some specific sura , verses tow times , three times will benefit us . Many Muslims is practicing like this way .......  Some times it is mentioned of some story ,  event  as the proof of the recitation of the partly Quran or it's verses . For Example ... If any one recites a certain sura three times daily he never face poverty ..   

I will be glad if any one of this forum can give me strong evidence that no benefit will come to us either in earthly life  or in after world only recitation of the Quran without understanding .

Best/Rgds.

I would like to know about this as well.