Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does Quran instruct a Mumen to try to form a Islamic country where he lives in?

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Dear Brother Joseph ,
Salamun Alaikum . Many Muslims tells that it is duty for a Muslim to form a Islamic country where he lives in or joined with other who wants to form it in any other country . My question how a Muslim can confirm correct laws from Quran and get the best meaning from it. Not only that in Morden world when a Muslim lives in a Non Islamic country ( majority non Muslim ) then how he violate rules of that country where he lives in ? Please advise your humble opinion. To create a Islamic republic of country is Quran mentioned clearly ? What level of compromising for a Muslim in a non Islamic country?

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Dear Brother Joseph ,
Salamun Alaikum . I need to know the truth. Is there any limitation to spread comments in Quran’s perspective ? I asked this type of question earlier but got no comments from any body.  Now pls speak out for the truth so that I can take best meaning from God’s verses.

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Beyond Tradition,

You have been requested once before not to badger members for a response

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2735.msg14002#msg14002

We note brother Joseph has already responded to many of your questions and so have other kind members on this forum.

If you continue to do this, your post(s) will be removed.

Thanks.

Offline Athman

• View Profile
Dear Beyond Tradition,

Salamun ‘alaikum,

If I may give an opinion, I humbly would not find it a ‘duty’ for a ‘believer’ or ‘Muslim’ to ‘form an Islamic country/ state’ or ‘join a particular movement’ geared towards creating such one. Rather, it is an ‘obligation’/ duty for believers to judge by the Qur’an in the utmost capacity availed for them. If such an opportunity is there, I would humbly encourage it without however any possibility of resorting to any form of violence or compromise. Otherwise, the Qur’an mentions ‘hijrah’ (migration) as a viable alternative for undermined believers if tolerance and peaceful remonstrations stay unheard of by those in governance.

Concerning your question as quoted below, see brother Joseph’s following sentiments in another thread as referenced [1] below.

Not only that in Morden world when a Muslim lives in a Non Islamic country ( majority non Muslim ) then how he violate rules of that country where he lives in ?”

Today, we are required to fulfil our obligations whether they are personal or societal and we must respect the decision of those that are in authority. If we disagree, we must use due process to voice our concerns. Ultimately it is by God and His Book that believers should judge. If we cannot practice our religious beliefs in the society we live in under those that have authority over us, then we should be prepared to migrate. Migration particularly becomes obligatory if we are subjected to oppression on account of our religion (4:97).[2]

NOTE: Black highlights are mine to emphasize my areas of interest

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,
Athman.

REFERENCE:

[1]. Who are 'Ulil Amr' These Days?

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=348.0
[2]. Ibid