Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Apps for reading the Quran on the go

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
Apps for reading the Quran on the go
« on: July 26, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »
Peace to all.

I am looking for a good Android app for comparative English translation reading of the Quran.

Preferably devoid of destracting commentary from non Quranic sources.

All this while I was using the excellent "Quran Translations" app by Mercan Software, but the owner seems to have abandoned the project since 2015. Unfortunately this app, in its current outdated state, is not compatible with newer phones.

I once saw a post somewhere that Islamawakened.com was producing an app. But I can't seem to find it published anywhere on their webpage or on Google's Playstore.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
Re: Apps for reading the Quran on the go
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:23:03 AM »
Peace to all.

I am looking for a good Android app for comparative English translation reading of the Quran.

Preferably devoid of destracting commentary from non Quranic sources.

All this while I was using the excellent "Quran Translations" app by Mercan Software, but the owner seems to have abandoned the project since 2015. Unfortunately this app, in its current outdated state, is not compatible with newer phones.

I once saw a post somewhere that Islamawakened.com was producing an app. But I can't seem to find it published anywhere on their webpage or on Google's Playstore.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

I am a web developer. 99% of the apps are biased and are sunni/shia apps.

You are better of if you use a translation such as the one of free-minds.org and you use the app adobe reader for it, and you check the translation by using corpus.quran.com and you check corpus.quran.com again by using a root dictionary such as the one at studyquran.co.uk

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »
peace all,

You may wish to look at: https://www.personalquran.com

It's not an app though but compatible for mobile viewing.

s1c4r1us, can you develop apps?

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 04:20:38 AM »
peace all,

You may wish to look at: https://www.personalquran.com

It's not an app though but compatible for mobile viewing.

s1c4r1us, can you develop apps?

Not yet. I am also focusing on web development.

I have a diploma in app development (3 years) and i am now studying software engineering (4 years) and in my second year.

My level: I know the basics of how a programming language works, i know the basics of OOP, MVC and some other patterns. I worked with a couple of backend frameworks to develop basic web apps (for learning purposes). Now i am learning the full stack, i am learning Angular for the frontend and i am learning Node/Express for the backend, and with ElectronJS it's possible to deploy it to mobile and desktop as well. So it's a perfect stack to learn.

My goal is to make a better quran.com/corpus.quran.com which has more features, it will have root dictionaries, a place to learn the language, and a forum etc. I basically want to provide the best features and for free etc., I am very dedicated to this goal.
I am planning on making this when i have at least 10 years of experience in the field. So you wont see such a website popping up until then, God willingly.

What about you? May God protect you and guide you and bless your works as well.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 08:14:30 AM »
I think improving/updating corpus.quran.com is a good idea. In their forum there are quite a number of grammar corrections which have not been updated AFAIK. I have been in contact with the people behind the site/data, but its current status is that further development has stopped.

I only know basic HTML/webpage stuff, although I have used CMS like Wordpress, forums etc. I run and project managed some sites, e.g.

www.Misconceptions-About-Islam.com
www.StudyQuran.org
www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm (and it's app)
www.AreYouMuslim.com
www.Learn-About-Islam.com
www.Quran434.com
www.Muhammad-Asad.com
https://ahadithstudies.wordpress.com
https://fazlur-rahman.livejournal.com
and a few others.

I was thinking about updating the PRL app in the future, hence my Q to you, but it's unlikely at this stage.

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 01:56:49 PM »
I think improving/updating corpus.quran.com is a good idea. In their forum there are quite a number of grammar corrections which have not been updated AFAIK. I have been in contact with the people behind the site/data, but its current status is that further development has stopped.

I only know basic HTML/webpage stuff, although I have used CMS like Wordpress, forums etc. I run and project managed some sites, e.g.

www.Misconceptions-About-Islam.com
www.StudyQuran.org
www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm (and it's app)
www.AreYouMuslim.com
www.Learn-About-Islam.com
www.Quran434.com
www.Muhammad-Asad.com
https://ahadithstudies.wordpress.com
https://fazlur-rahman.livejournal.com
and a few others.

I was thinking about updating the PRL app in the future, hence my Q to you, but it's unlikely at this stage.

Yeah i see how corpus.quran.com is still a biased word for word translation. May God protect us and guide us.

Nice, may God protect you and bless your work. The community really needs a good place to learn Arabic and use the root dictionaries, those translations are so biased even the Quran centric ones.
I wont start with a project until i mastered Arabic and until have at least 7-10 years of experience as a web developer, so you won't see me building anything soon.

Please add me on whatsapp so that we can stay connected +31 658953229. God willingly we can support each other in our works.

Greetings from Holland/Morocco.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 08:48:51 PM »
I sent you an email (you can also contact me via any of the above sites). As a side note I do not recommend making your TEL number public but it's up to you. You can contact site admin to remove it if you want.

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 05:58:44 AM »
I sent you an email (you can also contact me via any of the above sites). As a side note I do not recommend making your TEL number public but it's up to you. You can contact site admin to remove it if you want.

I don't see any email on s1c4r1us3a3ni@gmail.com, also not in my spam?