Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Points from a Sunni Mawlid an nabee

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
Points from a Sunni Mawlid an nabee
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
Salaam,

I recently went to a sunni wal jamaa 'mawlid an nabee', and learnt of some very new and interesting beliefs some of which I was not aware of. Some of the points brought up:

- Prophet Ibrahim made dua to ask that Muhammad was of his lineage.
- Your umrah/ hajj is not complete until you visit makaamam Ibrahim and u must run safa and marwa as an honour to them
- Fahisha- and it's word forms- as to what it refers to, which can be either for adultery or sins in general.
- Um salamah would keep a hair of the prophet and use it as shifaa by dipping it in water.
- The Prophet had a dream which led to the marriage of Aisha
- There are hadiths which state that Khadija was the 'favourite' wife of the Prophet. From what I am aware of their is also hadith to say that Aisha was the 'favourite'.
- There was a story that Salman Farsi was instructed by a priest to search for the signs of a Prophet.
- One extraordinary point made was that there are evidences to state that the Prophet prayed to God to revive his parents so that they could accept Islam.

Just some interesting points I thought you may be interested in.

Regards,

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points from a Sunni Mawlid an nabee
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
Salaam,

Thanks for the information. I have not heard some of those statements and I think that they will help the readers understand even more the kind of outlandish claims that some Muslims make.

I have even heard some people saying that prophet Adam (pbuh) declared the shahadah (There is no God but God and Muhammed the messenger of God) because he saw it written on God's throne.They believe with so much conviction that this is true and trying to reason with them is a futile process.

I would be interested to hear of other 'claims' that people make when they celebrate Mawlad un Nabee.