Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Arafat?

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
Arafat?
« on: August 12, 2019, 08:09:29 AM »
Does someone know what Arafat, the Restricted Monument is? If someone could explain the truth about verse 2:198, then feel free to share the truth God willingly.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Arafat?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:51:34 AM »

If it's location isn't disputed, then it may well be that the pilgrims visit the same place that the Quran is referring to.

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 06:21:31 PM »

If it's location isn't disputed, then it may well be that the pilgrims visit the same place that the Quran is referring to.

If someone can give some more information from the Quran about it. Then please do.

I read the Quran just twice from cover to cover. So i might miss it.

So i wonder what the place is, and if it is the current place as people say in general.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 06:13:39 AM »
To my knowledge this is accurate: [source]

2:198
Not is on you blame to seek bounty from your Lord, so when you proceeded from familiarisations/recognitions** then remember God in the presence of the inviolable place of perception/markers/practices*** and remember Him as He has guided you; for you were straying before that.

** 'arafaat (pl. of 'arafat, masculine 'araf, being a version of 'aarif, the active form of 'arafa and/or 'arfun, the informational noun of 'arafa) can mean 'familiarizations, approbations, recognitions.' See 49:13 for example.
*** Arabic: "al mash'aar al haram" literally means: the inviolable place of awareness/perception/knowledge and/or where "sha3air" are found/practiced, and most likely refers to the locality. The form "maf3al" (same as "mashAAr") is most commonly used to denote place in AQ, see end of this article. It may be interesting to note the difference in form between "masjid" and "mash'aar", which also suggests a possible difference in meaning.

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 02:06:40 PM »
To my knowledge this is accurate: [source]

2:198
Not is on you blame to seek bounty from your Lord, so when you proceeded from familiarisations/recognitions** then remember God in the presence of the inviolable place of perception/markers/practices*** and remember Him as He has guided you; for you were straying before that.

** 'arafaat (pl. of 'arafat, masculine 'araf, being a version of 'aarif, the active form of 'arafa and/or 'arfun, the informational noun of 'arafa) can mean 'familiarizations, approbations, recognitions.' See 49:13 for example.
*** Arabic: "al mash'aar al haram" literally means: the inviolable place of awareness/perception/knowledge and/or where "sha3air" are found/practiced, and most likely refers to the locality. The form "maf3al" (same as "mashAAr") is most commonly used to denote place in AQ, see end of this article. It may be interesting to note the difference in form between "masjid" and "mash'aar", which also suggests a possible difference in meaning.

If this translation is correct then i think aarafatin and almashaar alharaam refer to the Kaaba.

2:198 There is no sin upon you to seek goodness from your Lord. So when you disperse from the elevated place, then remember God at the symbol which is restricted, and remember Him as He has guided you; for you were straying before that.