Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Quranic support for muslim immigration to Abbasinia

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Quranic support for muslim immigration to Abbasinia
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:47:53 PM »
As Salam Alaykum,

I was thinking about the issue of the early muslims migrating to Abbasinia after persecution increased in Mecca.

Is there any Quranic support for a model where muslims as a minority seek protection in a non-muslim land ?
Does this go against the Quranic verses stating not to take unbelievers as (Awleyaa) Guardians/protectors ?

Thank you
Regards

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
Re: Quranic support for muslim immigration to Abbasinia
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 04:23:17 AM »
Where does the Quran say the believers immigrated to Abbasinia?

Some prophets used to go to other countries. The whole earth is of God.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:05:41 AM »
Dear s1c4r1us,
It does not as far as I know. Immigration to Abbasinia is part of the sirah (Biography of the prophet). I was asking about maybe an implicit reference from the Quran that sanctions a model where believers can stay as a minority in non muslims lands. And whether such a model would go against verses that speak against taking unbelievers as guardians ? I am just stating Abbasinia as an example of that happening in muslim history. But its important to note that muslims back then had no other choice.

Regards,

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:04:22 AM »

I think that if you are being oppressed/persecuted and a non Muslim country is willing to accept you, and more importantly allow you to practice your faith, then it makes sense to leave.

The Quran mentions that 'oppression is worse that killing' (2.191)

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »
Perfect example is the Israelites in the Torah. They go to other countries because they were being persecuted. God didn't say anything about it being wrong to do that in the Torah nor the Quran. He even told us about it in the Scriptures.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts