Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Qur'anic stance on previous scriptures

Offline Afiq

• View Profile
Qur'anic stance on previous scriptures
« on: August 25, 2019, 10:36:36 PM »
Assalamualaikum brother Joseph. I'm quite confused about the Qur'anic stance on previous scriptures. Are they corrupted or not? I've read three of your articles that the Qur'an confirms the revelations that were present at the 6th and 7th centuries. If that's the case then how can we reconcile the huge theological differences between the Qur'an and the Gospels? One example is the crucifixion of Jesus AS. How can the Qur'an confirms the Gospels when it clearly shows that Paul preached that Jesus was crucified, died, and was raised back to life? Not only that, what about the concept of original sin, also preached by Paul, which is something alien to both the Torah and the Qur'an?

Speaking about the Torah, the Qur'an confirms that the Torah is like the Qur'an in terms of it's beautiful recitation at verses 28:48-49. How can this be when the Torah is wrought with scribal errors and human interference. Doesn't the Torah depicts the Prophets in a negative light like David lusting over a married woman? Doesn't the Qur'an corrects the story of Prophet Job which is depicted abhorrently in the Torah? Doesn't the Qur'an corrects the story of Noah who was featured ad DRUNKARD in the Torah? Doesn't the Torah depicts Solomon AS as a polytheists? I know that the name of the sacrificial son is not explicitly mentioned in the Qur'an but it is clearly implied to be Ishmael when we read that the FORBEARING SON in verse 37:101 is supported by verse 21:85 when it mentions Ishmael to be among the patient. Doesn't the Qur'an said that they're prophecies regarding Prophet Muhammad in the Torah? Besides Isaiah 42, the current Torah is not very explicit with regards to any Prophecies pertaining to the Prophet SAW. How can we reconcile these conflicts and contradictions when the Qur'an is said to confirm the previous scriptures. Unfortunately many scholars have overlooked this and I fear you have as well. I need help

Offline s1c4r1us

• View Profile
Re: Qur'anic stance on previous scriptures
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 03:01:25 PM »
Assalamualaikum brother Joseph. I'm quite confused about the Qur'anic stance on previous scriptures. Are they corrupted or not? I've read three of your articles that the Qur'an confirms the revelations that were present at the 6th and 7th centuries. If that's the case then how can we reconcile the huge theological differences between the Qur'an and the Gospels? One example is the crucifixion of Jesus AS. How can the Qur'an confirms the Gospels when it clearly shows that Paul preached that Jesus was crucified, died, and was raised back to life? Not only that, what about the concept of original sin, also preached by Paul, which is something alien to both the Torah and the Qur'an?

Speaking about the Torah, the Qur'an confirms that the Torah is like the Qur'an in terms of it's beautiful recitation at verses 28:48-49. How can this be when the Torah is wrought with scribal errors and human interference. Doesn't the Torah depicts the Prophets in a negative light like David lusting over a married woman? Doesn't the Qur'an corrects the story of Prophet Job which is depicted abhorrently in the Torah? Doesn't the Qur'an corrects the story of Noah who was featured ad DRUNKARD in the Torah? Doesn't the Torah depicts Solomon AS as a polytheists? I know that the name of the sacrificial son is not explicitly mentioned in the Qur'an but it is clearly implied to be Ishmael when we read that the FORBEARING SON in verse 37:101 is supported by verse 21:85 when it mentions Ishmael to be among the patient. Doesn't the Qur'an said that they're prophecies regarding Prophet Muhammad in the Torah? Besides Isaiah 42, the current Torah is not very explicit with regards to any Prophecies pertaining to the Prophet SAW. How can we reconcile these conflicts and contradictions when the Qur'an is said to confirm the previous scriptures. Unfortunately many scholars have overlooked this and I fear you have as well. I need help

The Quran confirms the Torah and the Gospel:

An English translation of the Quran - 5:68 Say: "O people of the Book, you are not upon anything until you uphold the Torah and the Gospel and what was sent down to you from your Lord." And for many of them, what was sent down to you from your Lord will only increase them in transgression and rejection. So do not feel sorry for the rejecting people.

Muhammad was telling the people of the Bible to uphold the Torah and the Gospel. Don't let these Quran centric people misguide you about this matter.

God went even further and said:

An English translation of the Quran - 5:47 And let the people of the Gospel judge with what God has sent down in it. And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the wicked.

So the Christians should even judge with the Gospel.

There should be no question about the Bible. Else they are believing in a Quran that contradicts itself..
There are many translations of the Bible. When i say Bible i mean the Hebrew and Greek one.
These misguided people who claim to follow the Quran are rejecting it when it clearly confirms the previous Scriptures in many verses. They use incorrect translations of the Bible to suit their sectarian doctrine about It. Don't be like them..

About the crucifixion, context is key. I read it as this: They didn't crucify him nor did they kill him, because they were saying that, but God raised him up to Him. So the Quran confirms the Resurrection, else it wouldn't say that he didn't die of a crucifixion, but that he was raised to God.
The sectarian Israelites used to say that they killed Jesus, and that they crucified him. But they didn't, God raised him up to Him.

The Gospel says that Paul is hard to understand and that misguided people twist hes words. So have patience, learn Greek if you really want to find out what the original Injeel says.

You are now only showing the human side of the prophets in the previous Scriptures. What about David fighting for God to establish a kingdom for God here on earth? What about Job learning from what he received from God and eventually having patience for what befell him? What about Noah having faith in God and being a vessel that would clean the whole world? What about Solomon repenting and building the first Restricted Temple in Jerusalem for God?

The Torah and Injeel tell us by name that it was Isaac. I checked in Hebrew and Greek. If you read the Quran closely, Abraham is asking for a righteous son in 37:100-101, then later in 37:112 God responds with telling us He gave him Isaac. So even the Quran is actually saying it is Isaac.

God protected the Torah and Zabur/Psalms up to Jesus Christ, later the Quran confirmed both the Torah and Zabur/Psalms and the Injeel/Gospel. Then why would they suddenly change after the Quran confirming them and telling their people to uphold them and judge even with it. Only sectarians and people influenced by the devils say such a thing.

Learn Arabic and read the Quran. Don't have these biased opinions on the Torah and Injeel, go and learn Hebrew and Greek if you really want to know what they say.

You sound like a sectarian Jew or Christian who is telling their people that the Quran is not the Word of God because he is referring to the verses in the Quran that tell us Muhammad did a sin..

The stories you read in the Bible remind us that even prophets are human beings and can be tempted. Man, even the former angel Ibliees, the devil, used to be an angel, but now look at what we hear he is doing..
What matters is how human beings die. All these prophets you talk about in this manner died as righteous human beings who were asking for the forgiveness of God.