Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How To Refute This Article on Hadith?

Offline Ahmad40

• View Profile
How To Refute This Article on Hadith?
« on: October 30, 2019, 12:17:40 AM »
https://yaqeeninstitute.org/emadhamdeh/are-hadith-necessary/#.XbXzhr8pDDs

Specifically the argument on Arabic Dictionary and how the quranic arabic was preserved via hadith.  If I understand correctly the article is claiming that hadith defines words in the QUran that do not have a definition anywhere else.

Is it true Edip Yuksel translation of the QUran is missing words and he would only be able to get the translation via the Hadith corpus?

Thanks

Online Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: How To Refute This Article on Hadith?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 04:22:19 AM »
If I understand correctly the article is claiming that hadith defines words in the QUran that do not have a definition anywhere else.

Do they give some specific examples?

And do they clearly say these words are not mentioned in classical arabic dictionaries/works?

Offline Ahmad40

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 04:45:33 AM »
If you read the article they mention examples.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »
Peace / Shalom Ahmed40....brother Joseph has made a similar point all along in many posts ...articles ....

"It is often intimated that if the Ahadith corpus is unreliable, how can one then trust the meanings of the words of Arabic that have reached us by the same 'men' that gave us the Ahadith literature?

This remains an unwarranted question and such a premise for argument leads to a gross error in approach.

The question of the authenticity of the Ahadith corpus IS NOT founded on the unreliability of the CLASSICAL ARABIC LANGUAGE in which it is transmitted. Rather, it is founded on questionable content (matn) and transmission. The mere fact that the veracity of a particular hadith can be ‘questioned’ is PROOF that the ancient Arabic language in which the Ahadith is transmitted is accepted as RELIABLE.

One cannot reject a particular hadith if the language that underpins it, remains questionable. 

Therefore, the rejection of a particular hadith only LEGITIMISES the general knowledge of the classical Arabic language in which the Hadith was transmitted.

Subsequently, the reliability of the Ahadith corpus and lexicons as a source to understand classical Arabic language has never been in doubt.

Lexicographers may advance different shades of meanings and discuss words but to INVENT NEW MEANINGS for Arabic words which were never understood by ANYONE remotely familiar with Arabic is a baseless assertion and surpasses the thresholds of incredulity."

https://m.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/164704896999979

Offline Duster

• View Profile

Offline Ahmad40

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 08:20:27 PM »
Here is another link:

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2708.msg13913#msg13913

Interesting.  Thank you brother. 

I wonder if these rare words that are used once or twice would fall under the category of "ambiguous verses"  which means people would try to interpret them to create deviation and only God Knows their true interpretation.

Online Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 05:56:13 AM »

They mentioned one example (zihar) and never said it wasn't discussed in Classical Arabic dictionaries/works (i.e. non-Hadith source).

Fail.

Offline Ahmad40

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 06:56:23 AM »

They mentioned one example (zihar) and never said it wasn't discussed in Classical Arabic dictionaries/works (i.e. non-Hadith source).

Fail.

Is Zihar mentioned in classical arabic dictionaries/works that did not take it from hadith?  It seems the article is claiming that it was only in the hadith and they specify a dictionary which has taken it from the hadith.

Online Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
Is Zihar mentioned in classical arabic dictionaries/works that did not take it from hadith?

I don't know as I've never looked into that.

It seems the article is claiming that it was only in the hadith...

They say "hadith literature defines zihar as". They never explicitly say it's only mentioned in hadith and not classical arabic dictionaries/works (i.e. non-hadith).

"..and they specify a dictionary which has taken it from the hadith.

Can you provide a quote from the article?

Offline Ahmad40

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 03:05:48 AM »
Is Zihar mentioned in classical arabic dictionaries/works that did not take it from hadith?

I don't know as I've never looked into that.

It seems the article is claiming that it was only in the hadith...

They say "hadith literature defines zihar as". They never explicitly say it's only mentioned in hadith and not classical arabic dictionaries/works (i.e. non-hadith).

"..and they specify a dictionary which has taken it from the hadith.

Can you provide a quote from the article?

Hate to put you out, but can you refute every point in the article?

Online Wakas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 11:45:51 PM »
Hate to put you out, but can you refute every point in the article?

I only refuted the conclusion you seemingly drew from it.