Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Can a person donate his parts before he expired ?

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Can a person donate his parts before he expired ?
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph,
Salamun Alaikum . Brother can a believer in God donate his parts before he expired? I need your humble opinion in Quran’s perspective ? Since I did not find any explicit verse in the Quran to any specific method to burial process and since all expired body will be damaged and disappear with the mud then I do not think it will be a sin for a person to donate his parts . To this process mankind will be benefited . Quran never discourse to favour mankind. This is my humble opinion .

Offline optimist

• View Profile
Re: Can a person donate his parts before he expired ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:37:17 AM »
Assalamu alaikum
The quran considers saving the life of someone as saving the whole mankind
Allah has purchased the lives and wealth from the believers in return for heaven
if someone donates his/her kidney during lifetime or after death it is saving another human being
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 01:26:04 AM »
Salaam

I think Beyond Tradition is taking about organ donation?

If so, then I think that would be down to individual choice and it's not a religious matter in my opinion.

You can save many lives by donating organs to those who are gravely ill and are often on a very long waiting list.

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:52:57 AM »
it's a 'religious' matter in the sense it will be highly rewarded by Allah
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 03:58:35 AM »
Salamun Alaikum , Truth seeker and optimist .
I am actually talking about the donate different organ man/women can will before his/her death.
Is it permissible to burial of the dead after taking off some organ ?
Just think , when you burry the dead you see the dead person has no some organ , like eye or other organ.

My humble opinion is in sprit of Quran it should be permissible if any organ of the dead works to save other . Because there is no explicit verse in the Quran regarding burial process. Since the dead person’s soul enter into ‘ Barzakh’ so there is nothing to do with dead person. The funeral or burial process should be scientific so that the process does not harm the environment. On the other hand there is no concept of punishment in the grave in the Quran so I think no religious matter it should be if any one will to donate organ after one’s death .

Still I want humble opinion of Brother Joseph .

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 02:23:24 AM »
Salaam Beyond Tradition,

From your post I think I understand it to mean donating your organs before death. That will be also helping some one in need.

But realistically you don't really donate an eye do you when you are alive. The only organ you can donate in this scenario is your kidney.

Eyes, liver, heart etc would be something donated post death. In that case the body is sewn up where the organs were removed so the relatives of the deceased would not see anything else. Eyes being removed shouldn't distress loved ones because your eyelids are closed when you die.

Again I think it's purely a personal choice and I don't think that it is something forbidden because the Quran is silent on the matter.

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 04:22:57 AM »
Salamun Alaikum Truth seeker ,
I like your humble opinion .