Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Corona virus curse / punishment for the disbeliever ?

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Is Corona virus curse / punishment for the disbeliever ?
« on: March 07, 2020, 05:58:12 AM »
Salamun Alaikum , brother Joseph. After a long time I write to you.
Now you know corona virus ( flue ) is being spread world wide . May be this is political or worldwide medical Business gain , So I can not make sure whether it is the same curse and punishment by the God. But by this time many Islami scholar already declared that Corona virus is huge curse from the God. Their logic is since the people of China takes all unapproved foods by the Quran for their daily life.
and they are oppressing muslim people etc.. They are referring Hadith . Please if you get time put your thought . I will also appreciate if any senior member input his thought in Quran’s perspective.

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Re: Is Corona virus curse / punishment for the disbeliever ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 04:49:07 AM »
Salamun Alaikum
Dear all brother .
Could you please tell me if God punish the people this way for dis obeying all mighty God ?

Offline Athman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:36:55 PM »
Dear Beyond Tradition,

Wa alaikumus salam,

Adversities, sickness, distress, illness, misfortunes, natural calamities, etc. are all part and parcel of the grand scheme of God in the wider plan of things and thus, He knows of and decrees each of them (64:11). They are therefore bound to transpire for quite several reasons as deemed fit from the Almighty (2:155-156). See an article below by Br. Joseph where he quite aptly highlights some of the reasons advanced by the Qur’an as to the nature of such decrees [1].

In the same line, with regards to an emergent situation as with the issue of ‘Corona Virus’ you have brought attention to, I find the following remarks by Br. Joseph to be quite relevant:

At times, we must take heed from our adversity and consider whether we have strayed in our ways, whether our spiritual consciousness lacks vigour or whether we have become arrogant in the land and our affairs. It is an opportunity to take stock and redress the balance. In other circumstances, we must accept that our resolve is being tested, we are being kept out of harm's way or that we have been selected as a source of trial for others so that they may take heed, mend their ways or assist. Trials are also used a means to separate good from evil and as an enabler of spiritual purification.[2]

NOTE: The black italics in the citation above are my own and have no bearing whatsoever to the original text but to emphasize my areas of concern to the subject question

In the main, while such afflictions may be meant to warn, fortify the resolve of, test, or impart some other wider wisdom to a given people, others may as well serve as an earning of what people have put forth by their own hands/ themselves - ‘faman nafsika’ (4:79). Therefore, while the possibility of the current outbreak of 'COVID-19' in China being as a result of a people’s eating habits or whatever mass wayward behavior stands (4:79), the other reasons as to the nature of such an outbreak cannot all be ruled out.

In view of this therefore, with the current status of affairs, for both the individual and the society, the afflicted and the non-afflicted, whether in China or not, I would sincerely and whole-heartedly reiterate Br. Joseph’s sentiment that ‘it is an opportunity to take stock and redress the balance’ whatever scope that would cover in the widest context possible as to addressing the situation.

Hopefully that slightly helps.

Regards,
Athman.

REFERENCE:

[1]. UNDERSTANDING OUR TRIALS - WHY ME?

http://quransmessage.com/articles/understanding%20trials%20FM3.htm
[2]. Ibid

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
Brother Athman ,
I appreciate your thought . I understand God will test us in may ways He deemed . Eating habit of China is not new rather it has been practiced since hundreds of years . World is so developed and can invent from where this "Covid-19" launched . Some Islamic scholar describes that Corona Virus is an alarming to the people to return to God's path . But per my knowledge and Quran's perspective God never force the people to accept His path and surrender to Him . He has given human freedom of choice . Is their any truth behind the emerging situation ( Covid-19) ? Do you think the people of China will change their eating habit after facing this situation ? If it is China responsible and earn this calamity sanctioned by God then why other countries are affected in huge ?  What wisdom behind this ?
really can not understand the situation .

I need more input on this issue ........

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »
Brother Josheph,
Salamun Alaikum . Brother would you please speak out and input your thought on this topics.

Offline Athman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 09:04:59 PM »
Dear Beyond Tradition,

Wa alaikumus salaam,

Before Br. Joseph or other members can possibly have an input into the matter in question, may I please shortly expand further on part of my response above.

I do understand your concerns brother. However, I would rather allow my humble opinion to be formed from a wider guiding Qur’anic perspective rather than speculating on the actual reason as to any befallen calamity. As I have put it above, ‘it is an opportunity to take stock and redress the balance whatever scope that would cover in the widest context possible as to addressing the situation.

By this, I mean to emphasize that; so that we can aptly partake in the utmost efforts in addressing the situation, while all possible medical and scientific/ empirical approaches may be taken and exhausted against the ravaging outbreak, at best, the other potential reasons we can surmise as to the cause of such an outbreak are to equally be fully exploited. Now, if this can be understood in perspective of such reasons advanced by scripture as those discussed by Br. Joseph in his article shared above, then I think one would best understand the scope of my opinion.

To start with, no one can with certainty point out the real reason why the ‘outbreak’ has stormed worldwide or why it has had provenance at some locale in the world (China in this case) specifically in 2020. However, medical practitioners can still verify and monitor the process if not the source of the ‘virus be it from consumed food or wherever else. Avenues can be set forth and methods be devised to avoid unnecessary further spread while still exerting more efforts in possibly realizing binding remedies. While the channel for contracting infections may involve habits outlawed in Islam, it may still be one indulged by humans and therefore, reactive measures can still be advanced against whatever repercussions.

On the other hand, while the above is being undertaken, the other potential reasons for such an outbreak can be exploited taking steps towards addressing them. If it is about mending our ways, people will have to post-track their ways and react accordingly where viable. If it is about further wisdom intended, we might exploit that and pay heed to the farthest our capacity can. If part of or all of us are being tested or our resolve is being checked, as believers amongst the very global community, we must show our steadfastness to our covenant with God (4:135). We should also consider us being checked of our willingness and capacity to join hands as global community in combating a pandemic unanimously despite the social, political or religious divides. While others succumb to death in the process, we must also consider the possibility of the survivors being sharpened of their spiritual levels as the goodness in them is being ascertained.

All this is to show the fallibility in us humans as we exercise our capacity to discern and act accordingly keeping into perspective all potential and possible reasons to be exploited. Though we can’t wholly be sure of the exact divine reason for whatever is taking place, we still can extract the readily available wisdom and use the scriptural guidance as pertaining to such devastating decrees. It is in such efforts to pay heed, act, react and seek His guidance on any matter arising that any befallen calamity can be overcome.

Therefore, I don’t personally find it a matter of ascertaining the exact reason why ‘COVID-19’ began specifically in China or why it has spread to the whole world specifically during this year. I rather see it as a global responsibility for us to scientifically exhaust all preventive measures against the pandemic, take caution on whatever causal habits we partake, mend our ways where we went off-track, and more so turn/ submit to God while we spread the word in call to the same.

Hopefully that somehow helps.

Regards,
Athman.

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 02:37:10 AM »
Dear Brother Joseph,
Salamun Alaikum . I am totally understand the sprit of the verse ( 2:155-156) . Covid-19 is a calamity.
But my question Does God says for such infectious disease in the Quran that God may mutate the virus and spread all over the world and whole world will fight by lock down the world considering as a war ? Is there any verse ? All countries whatever it is Muslim community or Cristian communities or Hindus communities  or communist communities says slogan that this is a war between nature and human kind and we must won this war . My Question if it is from God then why even Muslim leaders also declare this as war ?

My bottom line is to find any prayers ( verses ) from the Quran to receive from such calamity so that I can recite in my Salah.

I will appreciate any members to give his input on this thread .

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 05:37:56 AM »
Dear Brother Joseph,
Salamun Alaikum . I was expecting your input on my asking about any prayers from Quran citing the this type of disease . I am not sure if you are not getting enough time or you never fell to input my question which is less significant. I started to know the truth discovering you and your site but now I am not having your touch which is very painful .

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 08:44:56 AM »
Dear Beyond Tradition,
I hope you're doing well. Please see the following verses which might address your distress regarding the current situation.

[71:10] And said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver.
[71:11] He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers
[71:12] And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers.

[6:42] And We have already sent [messengers] to nations before you, [O Muhammad]; then We seized them with poverty and hardship that perhaps they might humble themselves [to Us].
[6:43] Then why, when Our punishment came to them, did they not humble themselves? But their hearts became hardened, and Satan made attractive to them that which they were doing.
[6:44] So when they forgot that by which they had been reminded, We opened to them the doors of every [good] thing until, when they rejoiced in that which they were given, We seized them suddenly, and they were [then] in despair.

In the spirit of words of Prophet Noah and the general Quranic teachings of the importance of seeking forgiveness in such situations:
Here are some Duas from the Quran one might recite:

[7:23] They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers."

[21:87] And [mention] the man of the fish, when he went off in anger and thought that We would not decree [anything] upon him. And he called out within the darknesses, "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers."

[28:16] He said, "My Lord, indeed I have wronged myself, so forgive me," and He forgave him. Indeed, He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

May God have mercy on our souls and forgive our sins.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 07:51:11 PM »
Peace Beyond Tradition.
I will try and give you my view from my Qoran studies about all sorts of disasters that befall humans.

The outbreak of covid19 caught the whole world by surprise, and some people believe the virus was sent by God to punish humanity.

Eventhough GOD does everything, people have choices and decisions and the outcomes are always a concequence of the wrong choices and decisions.
God does not change any situation for the people unless the people change it themselves by their choices and actions.

God ,being Meciful warns through the message of the wrong choices and actions GOD does not punish anyone wrongly ,in fact GOD gives chances with His forgiveness and Mercy

Notice how for the first time , religious sites across the globe have cancelled events due to the outbreak of the coronavirus.

For example, the Pope has cancelled meetings in Vatican City, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has temporarily banned Umrah pilgrims from all over the world and Jerusalem and Bethlehem has been put on lockdown.

Some Religious folks among mankind believe that God will be unhappy when justice will be denied, when atrocities against mankind will increase, rulers will usurp their powers and suppress their subjects, courts will shun justice. But that happened in all ages.

“The Holy Scriptures from the Old Testament, Bible to Quran, have verses warning about the punishment of God. History tells us of the storm of Noah that drowned His earlier creation. But those who firmly believe in God also believe that God is most kind.

Basically when people turn away from GOD , God turns away from people and they go it alone with"their satans" so to speak. That is when disaters happens.
Let some people stand for the right and injustice against humanity. This will save mankind from catastrophic calamities. And only for such people, God s promise of protection  will prevail. GOD will not turn away from mankind. if they heed the warning and follow the straight path..

Trust in GOD and believe in His promise to you. If disater strike the believers, which can happen, one should implore God and if taken away from this life ,there is a better life to come.
There is nothing to worry about brother. Keep your loyalty to GOD Alone .
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 05:10:08 AM »
Dear Good Logic
Salamun Alaikum . I agree with your all statement . Loyal to God is only way to get relief from any crisis. But I do not agree to call this outbreak as something pandemic and God sent this outbreak .
Many doctor’s and scientists are saying this outbreak is a lie to control population , to control people and supremacy over the poor. This outbreak impacts is poor are becoming much poorer . But Bill Gates must not become poor.  China Govt. will not be loyal to God and Justice are not playing at all now. They are misguiding people to get success their master plan . I think this out break never relates with religion matter .

Thanks for your input .

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 12:50:39 AM »
Thank you Beyond Tradition.

Directly or inderictly, however one wants tp think/put it, GOD does everything.
I am not saying I know where and why this virus(Or supposedly whatever theory one has on this mess)) exists , but it does exist., There are lots of evodence there is a virus and people are dying from it!

Satan and its allies ,throughout man s existence, are trying to control humanity. And they succeed with the majority.

I am saying do not worry , believers (Those who ally themselves with GOD Alone) will be protected . And death is merely a transaction from here to GOD s. So if we die and we all die eventually ,it is a blessing in disguise. Satan and its allies cannot control ,and will not be allowed to control beyond this predetermined life.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 01:10:40 AM »
Salaam,

I agree with Good Logic in that this is a virus that is real and exists. I have heard of those who feel this is a conspiracy theory but that is unbelievable to me!

What gain will governments have when their economies are on the brink of ruin, with mass unemployment and financial despair for so many.