Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 'Any other teachings' or 'False / Forged Teachings'. - Understanding 69.43/47

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Peace Joseph

The Verse above, ''had he uttered any other teachings'',  some people translate as 'had he attributed FALSE teachings' or 'had he FORGED any other teachings''

DO the words FALSE and/or FORGED appear in the arabic, or is the correct translation

'Had he uttered any other teachings'' ?

Peace

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
Peace,

Had the Prophet fabricated certain sayings:

when he was threatened as mentioned in 10:15
"When Our clear revelations are recited to them, those who do not expect to meet Us say, Bring us a different Quran, or make some changes in it. Say, It is not for me to change it of my own accord. I follow only what is revealed to me. I fear, if I were to disobey my Lord, the punishment on a Dreadful Day.  or

when he was tempted as mentioned in 17:73 
"They indeed sought to entice you away from what We revealed to you, hoping that you might invent something else in Our name; and then they would have accepted you as a close friend.

but he has never done it
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Salamun Alaikum

In response to your question with regards the Arabic, 'taqawwala' in 69:44 means to make something up or to fabricate. This is no different than the usage of the verb in 52.33 as well. "Do they say He has made it up / invented it / fabricated it" (yaquluna taqawwalahu)

I hope that helps, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell