Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Belongings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be on him)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Belongings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be on him)
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:13 AM »
Peace hope

42/51 says that wahiy is sent to a messenger to reveal what God wants. This would also cover the Quran for Muhammad (SA) .It is the same Arabic word used for other types of wahiy in the same verse. So why can't revelation such as the Quran be inspired in the same way as other wahiy esp. when the same Arabic wahiy is used.??Why are you proposing to change the meaning when referring to the Quran??

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »
Salaam,

And it is not revealed to any mortal that Allah should speak to him except in three forms as by Wahi or inspiration, as was with the mother of Musa, 28:7, and the disciples of Isa, 5:111, or from behind a veil making the words heard or a vision  like fire seen by Musa, 20:10, and the miraj of Muhammad, or He sends a messenger who then reveals with His command what He pleases. as He sends Jibril to the nabis, or a malak to the non-nabis like Maryam.

Quran is called a Wahi. I want to point out a difference between the wahi's received by nabis and the non-nabis and the wahis to prompt an action.  If you want to say inspiration for Quran, then call all the other incidents  revelation. That is the point I tried to make but looks like I have been unsuccessful.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 11:48:26 AM »
Peace hope

I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. The only word used by the Quran in Arabic is wahiy to describe the communication from Allah. You are splitting the word into English explanations of 'revelation' and 'inspiration' which are not Arabic. You can interpret it any way you like, that is up to you. I just wanted to know that I understood where you were coming from properly.that I think I do now. But I have a different opinion to yours. thanks for the talk.

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
Salaam

From what I understand, 'wahy' is the 'mode' or 'channel' through which divine communications to humans take place in some form or other. Some wahy are for Divine revelations and others are for suggestions ... inclinations etc.

However, the main reason for the original thread was about prophet's belongings. Not sure why the topic has veered off. Saba