Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Seeking a Family in Faith

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Seeking a Family in Faith
« on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »
Dear Joseph,

Peace be upon you.

You do not know me. But, to some degree, I feel I know you through the articles posted on your website, your forum, and your facebook presence. I have been studying your material for some time now, and while I do not necessarily agree with everything you have posted, I certainly do concur with most of it, if not nearly all of it.

It is for this reason that I now write to you – I am at my wits end and desperately seeking a family in faith. To be sure, not just any family, but specifically a family of committed Qur’an only believers. Ever since I first picked up the Qur’an about six years ago, realized its truth, and earnestly began to reflect upon its verses, ever since then I have been, and continue to be alone in faith. During this period, I have gone through many trials, the full details of which are known only to God. But then, that is to be expected, for does the Qur’an not say, “Do people think they will be left alone after saying ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? [29:2]

As a result of my sincere efforts, and God is the best of judges, to seek absolute truth – and thus follow the guidance of the Qur’an, and only the Qur’an, and not tradition and cultural practices – I am essentially estranged from my two children (who, after all, are raised by a secularist mom, in a Western education system replete with all its influences, both good and bad), long divorced (that is, according to God’s law), and largely a social pariah. My extended family, in various capacities of practice, is Sunni. Amongst other factors these theological differences, as correctly pointed out in one of your facebook entries, have significantly contributed to strife and division within my family; I find myself as ‘the odd man out,’ standing alone with deeply held convictions. But then, once again, some solace is to be found in the Qur’an when God says, “The love of desirable things is made alluring for men – women, children, gold and silver treasures piled up high, horses with fine markings, livestock, and farmland – these may be the joys of this life, but God has the best place to return to.” [3:14]

Joseph, may God bless and reward you for all your efforts and good works in His cause, both in this life and in the hereafter. I look forward to hearing from you soon, God willing.

Your committed brother in faith,