Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Magic or Tricks ?

Offline Adil Husain

• View Profile
Magic or Tricks ?
« on: April 07, 2013, 01:15:18 AM »
Dear Forum members ,
Peace be with you ,

We all may probably be knowing some famous magicians now a days and we know it is not magic but Tricks which they perform on stage/TV.

True Magic if exist ,  Lacks 'Mechanism of Action' which can not be explained Scientifically and it is unlikely that  power of such secret arts is from God.

Is there any Explicit verse in the Quran which proves that Magic mentioned in the Quran is not referring to Tricks.

'I must strive for reformation of myself and the world'

Offline optimist

• View Profile
Re: Magic or Tricks ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
Assalamu alaikum

I believe it is magic associated with shirk that is prohibited in Quran.   It is interesting to note what prophet Moses told "the Magicians" in 20:61,  "Woe to you! Forge not ye a lie against Allah, lest He destroy you (at once) utterly by chastisement: the forger must suffer frustration!". 

A magician who does the tricks just for entertaining the people stating that they are only tricks any person can learn (without claiming he has any super natural powers and also not misleading the people) can not be committing any sin and it is not against Quran.   I  can give an example of such a magician, Gopinath Muthukad.

Lashing the evil with the magic batton:-

http://magicweekly.blogspot.ae/2008/06/yukti-jaalam-inspires-youngsters.html

Divineness’ behind the pet demonstrations of certain God men were trembled down, when Gopinath Muthukad’s Yukti Jaalam logically proved that such ‘miracles’ are nothing more than pure magic tricks. If you have the will to practice magic, you can do these ‘God men’ specials with much ease. “I do these tricks to entertain you, whereas so called God men do it for fulfilling their selfish motives”, a confident magician explained to the keen young bloods.

When Mr. Muthukad pulled out statuettes from his mouth, unmasked was one of the popular supernatural demonstrations of certain human Gods. More of such pet performances by the social thieves, were exposed as clear legerdemain. This include producing secretions from photos and idols, catching holy ash from air and making predictions on one’s life. Yukti Jaalam proved each and every miracles performed by so called God men as magic that could be learned by anyone who has a will to practice.

By the way, those who like to get entertained may type his name in youtube to watch some of his wonderful magics

Regards,
Optimist
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »
Salam

2:102 And they follow what devilish beings used to chant against the authority of Solomon, though Solomon never disbelieved and only the devils denied, who taught sorcery to men, which, they said, had been revealed to the angels of Babylon, Harut and Marut, who, however, never taught it without saying: "We have been sent to deceive you, so do not renounce (your faith)." They learnt what led to discord between husband and wife. Yet they could not harm any one or without the dispensation of God. And they learnt what harmed them and brought no gain. They knew indeed whoever bought this had no place in the world to come, and that surely they had sold themselves for something that was vile. If only they had sense!

Is the above verse properly translated? Are angels sent to "deceive?".

Thanks.

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:07 AM »
Peace Mubashir,

The Arabic says "fit'natun" meaning we are sent as a trial for you not necessarily  a deception.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Adil Husain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »
Salam

2:102 And they follow what devilish beings used to chant against the authority of Solomon, though Solomon never disbelieved and only the devils denied, who taught sorcery to men, which, they said, had been revealed to the angels of Babylon, Harut and Marut, who, however, never taught it without saying: "We have been sent to deceive you, so do not renounce (your faith)." They learnt what led to discord between husband and wife. Yet they could not harm any one or without the dispensation of God. And they learnt what harmed them and brought no gain. They knew indeed whoever bought this had no place in the world to come, and that surely they had sold themselves for something that was vile. If only they had sense!

Is the above verse properly translated? Are angels sent to "deceive?".

Thanks.

Peace be with you ,
Please go through this article dear Mubashir.

http://www.quransmessage.com/articles/harut-marut%20FM3.htm

Offline Adil Husain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
Peace be with you ,

Allah's universe is so much perfect and wonderful.
I mean everything happening around us has its hidden  mechanism.

for example :
If i inject a Medicine or a poison in your veins , It may be beneficial or harmful to you depending on whether specific receptor molecules which accept that particular medicine/poison is present in your body or not.

eg : Insulin resistant Diabetes , Vitamin D resistant rickets(vit. D deficiency) , Iron resistant Iron deficiency , etc  (such  diseases are due to deficiency of receptors , not the original molecule)

Generally when we come across the word 'magic or sorcery'  we think it is something which occurs spontaneously after uttering some words or performing some rituals. like '' bla bla bla ---> a rope changes into a snake''
I remember when my uncle was fatally Ill and was about to die and his mother in law said 'Medicines will not help him unless the magic done on him is nullified by a counter-magic''
such thinking is not only scientifically wrong but also increases hatred between people , they think someone is jealous of them and trying to harm them with the help of magic.

7:116 He said: “You cast.” So when they cast, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and instilled terror in them, and they came with a
great magic.

7:117 And We inspired Moses: “Throw down your staff;” and it swallowed what they invented.

Is it possible that  magicians of Pharaoh were just tricking and  Magic used in Quran is referring to  tricks and myths ?

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »
Thanks Br Adil!