Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Way of addressing their Ummah by two prophets

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Way of addressing their Ummah by two prophets
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:10:30 AM »
وَإِذْ قَالَ مُوسَىٰ لِقَوْمِهِ يَا قَوْمِ لِمَ تُؤْذُونَنِي وَقَد تَّعْلَمُونَ أَنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ فَلَمَّا زَاغُوا أَزَاغَ اللَّهُ قُلُوبَهُمْ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْفَاسِقِينَ
61:5
And when Musa said to his people: O my people! why do you give me trouble? And you know indeed that I am Allah's apostle to you; but when they turned aside, Allah made their hearts turn aside, and Allah does not guide the transgressing people.وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَٰذَا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
61:6
And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.
--------------------------------------------------
One Bro Nouman Ali Khan who is famous Quran teacher in USA told the difference in above two Ayaat
While Prophet Musa addressed his Ummah as " Ya Qaumi" O my people but in the next Ayah the prophet Jesus it addressing " Ya Bani Israeel" which means he was not from them since he had no
father. One therefore think about difference in addressing the Ummah. Please help me to understand  Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Zack

• View Profile
Re: Way of addressing their Ummah by two prophets
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
Hello,

I would say I do not agree with Bro Nouman Ali Khan and the explanation given. Prophet Musa was someone who was raised not in an Israelite environment, under the Pharaoh. The statement "O my people" makes a lot of sense, as it is reinforcing his identity as a citizen of Israel, despite being raised in a non-Tauhid setting.

As of Nabi Isa, the Hebrew ethnic identity and citizenship is totally dependant upon the MOTHER, NOT THE FATHER. He spoke with authority and firmly to his own people, calling the segment of Pharisees "A brood of vipers". He could only be firm like this to his own people. His greatest challenge was that the Pharisees were presenting themselves as "Gods people" (Ummah) based on their ethnic identity as a Jew. This is the theme of the Injil by Isa, Paul, Peter and others... the challenging of this ethno-centric misconception, with the Ummah being presented in the Injil as extremely inclusive, even the non-circumcised Roman empire being a part of the Ummah, based upon repentance and faith in the God of Abraham.

Wasalam
Zack

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Way of addressing their Ummah by two prophets
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 11:28:32 AM »
May I humbly request Bro JAI to kindly clarify the difference in addressing Prophet Musa & Prophet Jesus. Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light