Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Sura challenge.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
The Sura challenge.
« on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:15 AM »
In response to the sura challenge article http://quransmessage.com/articles/produce%20a%20surah%20FM3.htm. Where a conclusion is made that its a challenge at a specific time only, the time when the quran was revealed not for now. And that the reason why they cannot bring a chapter like it because they did not yet encompass it's knowledge (If my understanding is correct ). So does this means that once the Quran was completed the sura challenge was no longer valid ?

If so then how does one validate or believe that the Quran is from god if we can't use it ? is there an instinct in us humans that allow us to believe in the truth when we hear it, or is there another route to belief in the Quran based on rational thinking as per

[41:53] Saheeh International
We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?

and

[34:46] Saheeh International
Say, "I only advise you of one [thing] - that you stand for Allah, [seeking truth] in pairs and individually, and then give thought." There is not in your companion any madness. He is only a warner to you before a severe punishment

How to use the advice of the verse 34:46?

I know the Quran is from God but I don't why I know it. I hope its not because people said so. I hope there is a deeper way for acknowledging the truth.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks.

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
Re: The Sura challenge.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »
Salaam.

The Qur'an is being presented as a guide to eternal bliss. (Read 2:2)

Since it is the best guidance in every respect (17:9),

the challenge is regarding Guidance (Read 28:49).

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »
In response to the sura challenge article http://quransmessage.com/articles/produce%20a%20surah%20FM3.htm. Where a conclusion is made that its a challenge at a specific time only, the time when the quran was revealed not for now. And that the reason why they cannot bring a chapter like it because they did not yet encompass it's knowledge (If my understanding is correct ). So does this means that once the Quran was completed the sura challenge was no longer valid ?

بَلْ كَذَّبُوا بِمَا لَمْ يُحِيطُوا بِعِلْمِهِ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِهِمْ تَأْوِيلُهُ كَذَٰلِكَ كَذَّبَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ فَانْظُرْ كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الظَّالِمِينَ

The reason why the challenge could never be met is because, in principle, the contents of the Quran, as per 10:39, can  only be understood by the following means;

1.      Through human knowledge reaching such a point of advancement that it can comprehend the contents of the Quran;
2.      Through the results produced by a system based upon Quranic laws and values; and
3.      Through historical evidence showing what kind of results were produced by various systems in the past.

The mushriqeen deny the message and lack knowledge, understanding, and convinction in this regard.

Regards
Optimist
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:24:50 AM »
Salaam.

The challenge was to those people in whose tongue the Quran was revealed so that they could understand it; who most arrogantly belied it, denied it; they even went to the extent of saying that the Qur'an was nothing but a human production (74:25).

It is my humble opinion that today such people don't exist. Whatever ruckus is created in the name of Qur'an by the media reporting about outrageous actions of isolated individuals of the other community today is due to the grave misunderstandings created by the words and actions of today's so called Muslims regarding Islam

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.