Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: which prophet is saying verse 11:31

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
which prophet is saying verse 11:31
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »
Asalamun Alikum.

Dear brother Joseph Islam

As I was reading in the Quran and trying to focus on the audience and the speaker and who is narrating the story at times. I remembered you quoted a verse that was said by the prophet Muhammad(pbuh) in your article below

http://quransmessage.com/articles/prophetic%20assistance%20FM3.htm

As I been trying to follow the stories correctly, can you explain just briefly how its prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is saying this and not prophet Noah(pbuh)?

I been noticing the changes in when Allah(swt) is talking to someone or to the reader or the prophets(pbut)  and the changes of a person speaking from time to time to there people etc. Although the whole Quran is the word of Allah(swt). I am not noticing the change in verse 10:31 from Noah to Muhammad (pbut).

Just thought maybe something im not looking for or im missing that can help when reading Inshallah

Peace

Hamzeh

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: which prophet is saying verse 11:31
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:20 AM »
Dear brother Hamzeh.

As-salam alaykum

You are absolutely correct. It is Prophet Noah who makes the statement. The article was published without supporting notes over 3 years ago. The article should have made this clear with additional information which I have now updated.

The article has now been republished on the main quransmessage.com site and on other document sharing portals (to my knowledge).

May I thank you sincerely for bringing this to my attention.

May God bless you and your family.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell