Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Abulation

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Abulation
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:17:29 AM »
Allah has give certain things to be done in Abulation as below. But if some people overact or do more that what is prescribed such as 1-cleaning mouth & doing gargle 2-Take water in the nose & blow 3-Doing some extra act. Do these actions are not superfluous or deviation from Allah's Commands?Just loud thinking!!!!
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Abulation
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:17:52 AM »
Abulation يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ فَاغْسِلُوا وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُوا بِرُءُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَيْنِ وَإِن كُنتُمْ جُنُبًا فَاطَّهَّرُوا وَإِن كُنتُم مَّرْضَىٰ أَوْ عَلَىٰ سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَاءَ أَحَدٌ مِّنكُم مِّنَ الْغَائِطِ أَوْ لَامَسْتُمُ النِّسَاءَ فَلَمْ تَجِدُوا مَاءً فَتَيَمَّمُوا صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُوا بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُم مِّنْهُ مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَٰكِن يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
5:6
O you who believe! when you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles; and if you are under an obligation to perform a total ablution, then wash (yourselves) and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy, or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth and wipe your faces and your hands therewith, Allah does not desire to put on you any difficulty, but He wishes to purify you and that He may complete His favor on you, so that you may be grateful.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
Salaam Sardar,

Here are some related articles which you may find interesting.

Wudu (Ablution) According to the Quran - http://quransmessage.com/articles/wudu%20FM3.htm
Washing or Wiping the Feet in Wudu (Ablution)?   -  http://quransmessage.com/articles/washing-wiping%20FM3.htm

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
Thanks Truth Seeker for asking me to go through JAI's blog on Abulation  which I already know but I wanted to stress that by doing extra things other than what Allah asked us to do are the Muslims not deviating Allah's Commands?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:51:03 AM »
Dear Truth Seeker ,Salam, By telling about doing more or extra in Abulation I wanted to ask Bro JAI that this extra units done in Abulation is just like over staying in Arafat & Muzdalfa during Hajj and concluding Saum  late instead of doing in time etc. Thanks

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:10:34 AM »
Salaam Sardar Miyan,

I think that as long as a person does not think that the other actions they do in ablution are mandatory, then it should be fine.

It's a personal preference and I would not class this as a deviation, but people should not overburden themselves either.