Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Different meanings of "Farah" in the Quran.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Different meanings of "Farah" in the Quran.
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »
Saheeh International*

[3:188]
And never think that those who rejoice(Yafrahoon) in what they have perpetrated and like to be praised for what they did not do - never think them [to be] in safety from the punishment, and for them is a painful punishment.

[11:10] But if We give him a taste of favor after hardship has touched him, he will surely say, "Bad times have left me." Indeed, he is exultant (Fareh) and boastful -

[40:75]
[The angels will say], "That was because you used to exult (tafrahoon) upon the earth without right and you used to behave insolently

[30:4]
Within three to nine years. To Allah belongs the command before and after. And that day the believers will rejoice (yafrah)

[13:36]
And [the believers among] those to whom We have given the [previous] Scripture rejoice(yafrahoon) at what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], but among the [opposing] factions are those who deny part of it. Say, "I have only been commanded to worship Allah and not associate [anything] with Him. To Him I invite, and to Him is my return."

In the first 3 verses "Farah" is related to excessive pride. While in the last two verses it is related to rejoicing without pride.

What are your thoughts on this ? Is it correct ?

Thanks in advance