Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Verse 19:72 and the Bridge Over Hell

Offline IjazAhmad

• View Profile
Verse 19:72 and the Bridge Over Hell
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:46:23 AM »
Salamun Alaikum, Br. Joseph!

All your articles are superb and easy to follow. 10/10. God bless! But, I've not seen any articles on hell (I maybe missed)
There is a verse which I have some problems to understand, maybe you can help me!

It was a Christians who sent me this verse, with his own observations. .

We read from Quran 19:67-72

(67) - Does not man remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?

(68) - So by your Lord, surely, We shall gather them together, and (also) the Shayatin (devils) (with them), then We shall bring them round Hell on their knees.

(69) - Then indeed We shall drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against the Most Beneficent (Allah).

(70) - Then, verily, We know best those who are most worthy of being burnt therein.

(71) - There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished.

(72) - Then We shall save those who use to fear Allah and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell).

Please NOTE that verse 72 again:

Then We shall save those who use to fear Allah and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell).

OBSERVATIONS:

1. Who are those who use to FEAR Allah and were DUTIFUL to him other than the Muslims?

2. Where will they be saved "FROM?"

3. If the unbelievers were "LEFT" in Hell, this indicates that those who use to fear and were dutiful to Allah where REMOVED from that same place.

------------------------------

What my Christian fellow try to assume is that we all Muslims will enter hell! What does 19:72 really mean?

Wassalam

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Verse 19:72 and the Bridge Over Hell
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 06:40:16 AM »
Dear Ijaz Ahmad,

Wa alaikum assalam

Thank you for your kind words, Alhumdolillah.

I have written on matters pertaining to eschatology as in the article [1] below.

With regards your specific question regarding verse 19:72, and the common beliefs of Muslims regarding the As Sirat (The Bridge over Hell), please see my dedicated article below.

AS-SIRAT (THE PATH, THE BRIDGE OVER HELL)
http://quransmessage.com/articles/sirat%20FM3.htm

I hope this helps, God willing

Regards,
Joseph

REFERENCE:

[1] IS THE PUNISHMENT OF HELL ETERNAL?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/is%20the%20punishment%20of%20hell%20eternal%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell