Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Trust (Amana) Offered and Testimony

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
The Trust (Amana) Offered and Testimony
« on: September 17, 2014, 11:33:46 PM »
Peace be with you brother Joseph,

By  the grace of God I hope this finds you and your family keeping well. I have been pondering on all of your thoughts/research and writings and have found you to be balanced in more ways than one. Your reasoning is definitely guided by Allah and I keep praying for you everyday to be rightly guided so that people like me who follow you will be on the right path.

I keep following you on face book and need some clarification regarding 7:172 and 33:72.

1.Was the trust - amana offered to Adam or to each and every human being individually?

2. Does Allah make each and every embryo at the time of conception testify that he is their Lord?

3. when does the soul enter the embryo in the mother's womb?

4.After a person dies, is it possible for the soul to return to earth through another body and experience life again in order to refine itself and grow spiritually - closer to God?

Dear brother, the last question I have asked because I need to answer a few questions on the issue of rebirth put to me by my Indian friends. Any thoughts from a Quranic perspective will help. Thanks in advance

With much sisterly love and prayers,

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: The Trust (Amana) Offered and Testimony
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:20 PM »
Dear Sister,

Peace be with you too.

Thank you for kind words, Alhumdolillah. Please see below my responses in red italics to your questions below:

I hope this helps, God willing

Regards,
Joseph

1.Was the trust - amana offered to Adam or to each and every human being individually?

From the well-established Quranic concept of individual responsibility and accountability, I find it a more cogent position to argue for the responsibility to be offered individually. It would be arguably meaningless, for someone else to accept an offer on another’s behalf as that would render individual responsibility mute.

2. Does Allah make each and every embryo at the time of conception testify that he is their Lord?

It is the ‘nafs’ and not the embryo (biological material) that testifies. This is arguably at a stage when the nafs has not assumed it’s human form (at whatever stage that may be). Therefore, prior (or just prior) would be implied when a nafs is able to understand God’s communication directly and subsequently, respond.

3. when does the soul enter the embryo in the mother's womb?

Please see the following thread where I have posited a response.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.msg196#msg196

4.After a person dies, is it possible for the soul to return to earth through another body and experience life again in order to refine itself and grow spiritually - closer to God?

This concept is not supported by the Quran. From a Quran’s perspective, resurrection only occurs at the Day of Judgment.

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell